London - special place to eat for 9 year olds birthday

(5 Posts)
Chick999 Fri 22-Aug-14 13:40:21

I have to move my sister out of London at the end of August, so I will be driving down and staying over for a night. Its the day before my eldest son's birthday. He has two smaller brothers and so I would like to take him with me and go somewhere special to eat where I can make a fuss of him while I have him on his own. We will be staying in Clapham Junction but I don't mind travelling within reason or splashing out as I don't think I have ever taken him somewhere alone without at least 1 brother in tow ! I did look at the recent thread on places to eat in London which is really helpful but I just wondered if I could ask the people in London where they would go? ! He is a good eater and loves a bit of "show."

kingseven Fri 22-Aug-14 13:50:19

http://www.benihana.co.uk/benihana-chelsea/

http://www.inamo-restaurant.com/

Quokka12 Fri 22-Aug-14 13:53:46

Show as in aimed towards kids - rainforest cafe is good - otherwise there is a pop up restaurant on the roof of selfridges which is pretty cool and you get a good view and can go browsing through the shops later or similar for Madison at the top on new change over looking St Pauls.

Alternatively you could do afternoon tea at Aqua in the shard - or if slightly more budget bar food/ meal at Oblix above Aqua the bar and food are amazing.

Some of the river cruises (v touristy) but great way to see all the sights if he doesn't spend much time in london have decent food.

If the food is the main event - cinnamon kitchen, l'anima, booca di lupa. Or some of the old favourites Joe Allens or Rules?

Planet Hollywood?

Chick999 Fri 22-Aug-14 14:27:01

Hey guys these suggestions are brilliant thank you ! I will run them past him and see what he likes. He is quite a theatrical little dude so I think being in the Shard or on a river cruise might appeal to him. I had wondered about Planet Hollywood as he loves milkshakes and ice cream. I think he will want to brag/torment his brothers as much as possible when he gets back and these definitely fit the bill !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now