Legoland in summer holidays or a weekend in October?

(11 Posts)
Wenchelda Fri 15-Aug-14 17:43:11

Hi, looking at taking our 2yr old & 4yr old to Legoland - will have to be either the end of this month, or a weekend early October. Any ideas which will be the best time? I'm torn between it (probably) being better weather this month, but crazy busy due to school hols, versus quieter in October but maybe not as enjoyable if it's raining/cold. Or will October be busy anyway as it will still be a weekend? Never been before so want to make the most of it- will prob stay in a cheap-ish hotel nearby and possibly get the 2 day entry ticket. Will study the legoland thread but just wanted to get an idea of best time to go out of our 2 possible dates. Many thanks smile

Wenchelda Sat 16-Aug-14 05:44:39

Anyone?

FairyPenguin Sat 16-Aug-14 06:52:42

I would go in October. It's no fun queuing in school holidays especially with a 2yo. October doesn't tend to be that cold. I would be fine if I wore the right clothing. Rain, not so great, but it's been raining now for days anyway so who's to say it won't rain at the end of this month?

Wenchelda Sat 16-Aug-14 09:26:07

Thanks - that's what I was thinking ... At least in October we could go layered up prepared for cold weather. This month we'd have to be prepared for rain or shine! Hopefully October might be less busy too, even if it is a weekend.

MissRainbowBrite Fri 22-Aug-14 12:40:17

We've just booked to go in October when the fireworks will be on. Been a few times before in October and it's fine, just wrap up really warm with lots of layers and head into the shops if it rains. It's the best time to go.

Wenchelda Fri 22-Aug-14 16:47:16

So even a weekend in October shouldn't be too bad for queuing times/crowds etc?

AmysTiara Sun 24-Aug-14 13:03:11

We went last October and even though the weather was lovely it wasn't very busy.

SugarPlumpFairy3 Mon 06-Oct-14 20:55:22

We were there this weekend. It rained for most of Saturday and we noticed people heading home early afternoon. It then brightened up which meant no queues! Sunday was glorious. It was busier but we queued for no more than 20 mins.

movingtokent Tue 07-Oct-14 19:50:25

Sugarplumpfairy - I am going this Saturday with two 5 year olds. How were the queues? We are debating qbots but I am loathe to get them as whole trip is expensive enough anyway. We are only there for one day.
Sorry to hijack thread

OneThenTwo Thu 09-Oct-14 12:28:34

Hi, we went this weekend just gone (Sunday was so sunny, great...) and it seemed like more people than ever were using Qbots which got quite frustrating. I still don't want to use one, I think staying over would have been a better option and only a little bit more expensive as we didn't do all the rides we wanted to. Will be using one of these say-over options next time.
www.lollizoo.com/go/legoland-offer-2nd-day-free-short-breaks/

Wenchelda Mon 13-Oct-14 00:03:58

Just to update - we've just been this weekend. Had a great time - weather was good (we went prepared with wellies and full waterproofs for the kids but didn't really need them) Queues were much less than I expected - many rides we walked straight on to, a couple had "long" queues (though half an hour was probably the longest we queued all day) and most things were only about a 10 minute wait. Took picnic to eat whilst watching the pirate stunt show, which was very good. Managed 15 rides in total - some of them twice and was there from when it opened until it closed. Brilliant day!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now