Day out around Duxford recommendations

(10 Posts)
SnowPetrel Fri 08-Aug-14 22:14:43

We're all going to be staying near Duxford the weekend of the airshow in Sept, so DP and Boy 1 can go. Myself and Boy 2 (6 mths) will be having a day out in the area instead. Any tips? Could do with somewhere with handy cafés/ other places to breastfeed. I like quiet relaxing pretty small towns, perhaps with tat shops to browse in. It's rare I get a day with the little one so want to make it count! Thanks.

lalawasthebestteletubby Sat 09-Aug-14 22:06:03

Saffron Walden would be nearest - nice little town, plenty of charity shops and cafes and suchlike.

SnowPetrel Sat 09-Aug-14 22:24:17

Ah thanks Lala, I had wondered about there!

Botanic Gardens in Cambridge would also be nice, as would Cambridge itself.

Pico2 Sun 10-Aug-14 23:00:57

Saffron Walden is lovely, nice cafés and plenty of shops that make you wonder how they survive as there must be a limit to how many gifts anyone can buy. Will you have your day out on Saturday or Sunday? SW is a bit closed on Sundays.

SnowPetrel Tue 12-Aug-14 21:53:44

Thanks- it will be Saturday. Quite fancy Cambridge too.

Pico2 Wed 13-Aug-14 17:26:45

If you park in Cambridge, watch out for the parking charges. They are high, but get astronomical when you get over 5 hours. Lots of people make that mistake, but only once.

Have a great day.

MrsJohnDeere Wed 13-Aug-14 22:05:59

Audley End (English a heritage place) is nice, but maybe a bit dull if you're just there with a baby?

SW has a wonderful quirky little museum. Well worth a trip.

Park and Ride for Cambridge is very easy and works well. Easily doable with a pushchair.

SnowPetrel Fri 15-Aug-14 09:56:58

Lovely- thanks all, all good suggestions. I think I'll try SW.

There's loads to do Shepreth & Wimpole are close by.

We have loads of other ideas on the MN Local pages

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now