Day out around Duxford recommendations

(10 Posts)
SnowPetrel Fri 08-Aug-14 22:14:43

Hi,
We're all going to be staying near Duxford the weekend of the airshow in Sept, so DP and Boy 1 can go. Myself and Boy 2 (6 mths) will be having a day out in the area instead. Any tips? Could do with somewhere with handy cafés/ other places to breastfeed. I like quiet relaxing pretty small towns, perhaps with tat shops to browse in. It's rare I get a day with the little one so want to make it count! Thanks.

lalawasthebestteletubby Sat 09-Aug-14 22:06:03

Saffron Walden would be nearest - nice little town, plenty of charity shops and cafes and suchlike.

SnowPetrel Sat 09-Aug-14 22:24:17

Ah thanks Lala, I had wondered about there!

Botanic Gardens in Cambridge would also be nice, as would Cambridge itself.

Pico2 Sun 10-Aug-14 23:00:57

Saffron Walden is lovely, nice cafés and plenty of shops that make you wonder how they survive as there must be a limit to how many gifts anyone can buy. Will you have your day out on Saturday or Sunday? SW is a bit closed on Sundays.

SnowPetrel Tue 12-Aug-14 21:53:44

Thanks- it will be Saturday. Quite fancy Cambridge too.

Pico2 Wed 13-Aug-14 17:26:45

If you park in Cambridge, watch out for the parking charges. They are high, but get astronomical when you get over 5 hours. Lots of people make that mistake, but only once.

Have a great day.

MrsJohnDeere Wed 13-Aug-14 22:05:59

Audley End (English a heritage place) is nice, but maybe a bit dull if you're just there with a baby?

SW has a wonderful quirky little museum. Well worth a trip.

Park and Ride for Cambridge is very easy and works well. Easily doable with a pushchair.

SnowPetrel Fri 15-Aug-14 09:56:58

Lovely- thanks all, all good suggestions. I think I'll try SW.

Hi,
There's loads to do Shepreth & Wimpole are close by.

We have loads of other ideas on the MN Local pages
local.mumsnet.com/cambridgeshire
local.mumsnet.com/cambridge

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now