Legoland Discovery center, Manchester

(8 Posts)
AnAirOfHope82 Mon 04-Aug-14 19:27:28

Hi

Has anyone been, is it a good day out for 2yo and 5yo?

Is it a full day out?

Is it worth a two hour drive to visit?

TIA xx

CalamitouslyWrong Mon 04-Aug-14 19:45:26

We were thinking about going, but then I read the reviews online. They are not good to say the least. A worrying number of them say some combinations of over-priced/dirty/not much to do. So we decided not to bother.

It isn't a full day out on it's own by any account. Even lego don't claim it's more than about a 3 hour visit.

SpeckleDust Mon 04-Aug-14 19:47:48

Not worth a 2 hour drive.

I live 20 mins away and went once when we had vouchers so was quite cheap. Wouldn't go again.

RockySpeed Mon 04-Aug-14 19:48:31

I took my 4 year old and we had a TOP time! Obviously it's pants compared to the REAL lego land but never the less I thought it was brilliant and would go back again.

Disclaimer - it was term time when we visited so pretty quiet!

funnyface31 Mon 04-Aug-14 19:49:10

Queues are awful, still battling to get a refund on annual passed! hmm

Itscurtainsforyou Mon 04-Aug-14 20:00:03

I live local to this and think its complete rubbish. Takes about 20 minutes to work your way through, then there's a big cafe with Lego to play with. I think age 2 is too young to appreciate it and I'd be worried about them choking on Lego (when I went there was no duplo to play with).

Sorry

AnAirOfHope82 Mon 04-Aug-14 23:12:13

Thank you I will give it a miss and save up for lego land winsor.

Thanks xx

Toohotforfishandchips Mon 04-Aug-14 23:21:42

I live within 20 min too - 2 is too young and by 7 they too old. My 5 year old loves it but a visit lasts 2 hours tops. When she was under 3 I got a 30 pound annual pass. That was great . Now we only go if we get £4 tickets via Tesco vouchers. Not worth the long trip

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now