Cheapest way to get to Alton Towers?

(6 Posts)
rubyhorse Mon 04-Aug-14 13:43:58

Hello -

I'm considering a day trip to Alton Towers this weekend. Two adults, three children (one of whom is 1), two OAPS... what would be the best way to get tickets, do you think? I have some Nectar points to spend, also Clubcard points, and am willing to buy fabric conditioner, biscuits, cereal and so on within reason smile. Or to simply book online...

Thanks in advance!

FanSpamTastic Mon 04-Aug-14 14:07:07

There are lots of 2 for 1 deals on various groceries. If you are going on a fixed day then you can save if you pre book online.

Children under 4 are free. Family ticket online booked 7 days in advance is £31.95 pp for up to 6.

If you use a bogof voucher or nectar points then I think you usually end up paying the normal ticket price so £49 for an adult but child goes free. Which is still cheaper than the discounted family ticket price.

Might also want to look at merlin annual pass. One of the perks is you can book tickets for family and friends for reduced prices. At Alton towers this is £23 adult and £18 child. So do you know anyone with a pass that could come with you and book some tickets? I think the pass holder has to be with you but not sure.

Tesco gave me a "get 2 half price entries to Alton towers" coupon with my shopping at the weekend. So could try there?

FanSpamTastic Mon 04-Aug-14 14:11:44

Nb oaps only £18.45 if booked 7 days in advance online so don't waste any half price coupons on their tickets!

rubyhorse Mon 04-Aug-14 14:35:52

Thank you!

lk26 Mon 04-Aug-14 14:41:04

You can also go on a second consecutive day for £6. !

MirandaWest Mon 04-Aug-14 14:44:55

At the moment you can double up nectar points so using 2000 points means you get a voucher for £40 off a ticket. You need to pay the difference (can't do that using nectar points) but does make it cheaper. You need to get the voucher by August 12th I think and then use by 30th September.

Or you can just use nectar points - 2000 points would be £20 of Alton towers cost etc. depending on how many points you have you could do the whole cost that way.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now