baby friendly day out

(6 Posts)
RRRJ83 Mon 28-Jul-14 15:51:42

Hello, I am looking for ideas on days out as an anniversary gift for my husband. We have just had a baby, only 1 month old and so it would be good to go somewhere baby friendly. Any ideas?

X

Casey123 Mon 28-Jul-14 20:05:15

Oh I shouldn't worry about baby-friendly at that age!

noramum Tue 29-Jul-14 15:00:33

Unless you think about concert or theatre play I think you can take your baby everywhere.

A 5 hour hike may also be a bit difficult.

What do you have in mind? City break like London or Edinburgh are no problem at all.

RRRJ83 Tue 29-Jul-14 20:05:22

Oh ok! I suppose I was thinking an activity of some sort, but unsure what. City break is a good plan. Xxx

drspouse Tue 29-Jul-14 20:09:43

Wheeling them round a museum or art gallery in a buggy - good. Walking round a city with steps with a buggy - just about manageable. Walking round a city with steps with a Moby or similar - better. Relaxed lunch cooing over baby - also good, and harder to do once they have worked out how to fling food. Go somewhere with bench seats and if you are lucky they will nap on the seat and everyone will go "Oh you've got a BABY in there!".

Rollercoaster, climbing wall, sauna - less good. Middle of the row at a theatre - slightly better but not much.

I believe that in the UK a baby under 1 can go along to a cinema showing regardless of certificate.

RRRJ83 Tue 29-Jul-14 22:24:28

Thank you drspouse

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now