Alton Towers waterpark - anyone been?

(6 Posts)
Puffinlover Sat 08-Mar-14 16:53:33

We are going tomorrow. Do I need to take flip flops? Do we need something to change into for lunch or do people eat in their swimming stuff like on holiday? Thanks, never been and no idea what to expect. We are there for whole day. Any tips appreciated.

silverlace Sat 08-Mar-14 17:57:25

You can take flipflops if you prefer to wear them but I don't bother.

Where are you planning on eating? There is a small cafe at the edge of the pool but only sandwiches and cakes. You can sit there in your cossie, I take a cotton wrap to wear.

You could go to the hotel but you would need to dress and I am not sure about readmission to the water park once you have left to go into the hotel.

They don't allow you to take in your own food to the water park (but I take a few packets of crisps, smoothies etc and smuggle them in my bag then buy a sandwich)

You could eat in one of the hotel restaurants after, I think they open at 5 but check and also book a table when you get there as they get busy.

Take as little as possible. Changing rooms are busy and cramped.

Hope you have a good day.

Puffinlover Sat 08-Mar-14 18:20:14

Thanks silver, lots of good tips. We have booked a table got one of the hotel restaurants for evening meal so was just planning on sandwiches for lunch. I will sort out a h

Puffinlover Sat 08-Mar-14 18:20:45

..a holiday sundress to wear for lunch

silverlace Sat 08-Mar-14 20:01:43

Make sure you look round both hotels. There are lots of quirky things to discover. Go into the ladies loo at Alton Towers hotel and stand in front of the full length mirror, I'm not telling you why!

Try and get there as it opens then you can go on the big slides before the queues build up. They have signs saying not to reserve seats or they will remove unattended towels but I have never seen them do this. It is annoying that all the seats get bagged and I wish they would remove the towels.

As I said before don't take too much as the lockers are small. You need 2 X £1 coins which you get back.
The outdoor bit doesn't open until a bit later. It is going to be a nice day tomorrow so the outdoor slides will be great.

lessthanBeau Thu 03-Apr-14 18:45:41

we went last easter when it was thick snow, the outdoor slides and hot tub were open , it was -3 it was fab!
the queues were not bad at all and it was good friday! they limit the numbers so it doesnt get too packed. we are going again during may half term. you can also get a second day ticket for a fiver if you can get there the next day.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now