Brownsea Island

(5 Posts)
mumma24 Sun 16-Mar-14 10:46:37

Think we got it from Poole when we stayed at rockley park, does it not say in NT book?

overthemill Mon 03-Mar-14 12:27:18

Been hundreds of times and always go from Poole so we can get chips as we get off the ferry coming back! It's a lovely peaceful place with nice walks beach and red squirrels. Watch out for he peacocks who nick your picnic and the red squirrels drop nuts on your head!

redskyatnight Mon 03-Mar-14 12:23:21

We went last year. It's a nice ferry ride and a pleasant island to wander round. They had various trails etc (some permanent, some for children in the holiday) that you could follow. We also took the ferry from Sandbanks - I would suggest leaving early as the parking seemed to get full up very quickly and we had to walk quite a distance.

mummytime Sun 02-Mar-14 16:18:28

I've been and we took the Ferry from Sandbanks. It is quite pleasant and my DD reading over my shoulder has asked if we could go back.

My one warning is beware of the ants which have a very nasty and vicious bite, the after effects can hang on for days and I came close to seeking a Doctor to treat them.

PeppermintScreams Sun 02-Mar-14 16:13:12

Has anyone been? We are national trust members, and staying nearby in Rockley Park over Easter.

Where's the best place to park to get a ferry?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now