whipsnade - is it muddy?

(10 Posts)
CinnabarRed Fri 21-Feb-14 19:15:42

Well, who doesn't?!

Glad you had a good time.

toomuchtooyoung Fri 21-Feb-14 18:02:58

very glad we had wellies, and waterproofs. it's like a mudbath in places, and looks like it will be for a long time. gravel paths are ok but dc just wanted to jump in muddy puddles grin

toomuchtooyoung Thu 20-Feb-14 09:12:28

wow, thanks all. wellies it is!

CinnabarRed Thu 20-Feb-14 08:20:29

I think you can buy timed entry to the indoor soft play, if you want to break up the outdoor stuff a bit.

The Discovery Centre is a fabulous small but rammed full building - you can happily spend 30 mins indoors in the warm there.

AnotherFurry Thu 20-Feb-14 08:16:16

I always take walking boots as it can be a bit muddy just off the paths. I would echo what was said above about it being windy, we ended up buying hats and gloves there as it was soooo cold. Arriving at 11 should be ok as it is so big it doesn't feel very crowded.

CinnabarRed Thu 20-Feb-14 08:15:37

In this weather, think about paying the extra to take your car in. Whipsnade is big, and it's much more pleasant in bad weather to be able to drive to see the things you're most interested in. It will also let you warm up!

The path to the elephant area is very muddy at the moment, as is the field to reach the adventure playground, although the playground itself is fine. I'd say boots are definitely the way to go. The drive-through Asian area was closed due to flooding last weekend.

Coconutty Thu 20-Feb-14 08:14:56

Not muddy but lots of walking and usually cold, wrap up well.

BranchingOut Thu 20-Feb-14 08:14:22

It is mostly paths, but you do need to go on the grass in order to get closer to the enclosures in some places.

elvisola Thu 20-Feb-14 08:12:01

Whipsnade is mostly pathways so no need to get muddy, maybe just if you park on the fields. It is however really cold and very windy as it is so high so make sure you take hats and gloves even if it looks like a beautiful day. Last 1/2 term we got there for 11 and it was busy but fine.

toomuchtooyoung Thu 20-Feb-14 07:53:47

wondering whether dcs should don wellies for tomorrow's visit. as it's half term any advise? had planned to get there 11 ish. would this be too late?
thank you smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now