Things to do in the New Forest Area

(16 Posts)
LondonSuperTrooper Thu 13-Feb-14 12:45:12

I'm going to Southampton to meet a friend for the day. My DS (7yo) will be tagging along with me.

Please can you recommend things to do with my son in the New Forest / Bournemouth area? I'm happy to book a B&B if there are things that we can do. We are driving down from Kent and it's such a shame not to take advantage of the location.

Thanks!

AmysTiara Sat 15-Feb-14 20:42:19

Walking or cycling in the forest, visit Beaulieu, a bus tour, Bournemouth has a fairground by the beach, Brockenhurst has a river to paddle in that the ponies walk into. It's a beautiful area.

LondonSuperTrooper Sun 16-Feb-14 16:19:11

Amy, thanks for the suggestions.

fusspot66 Sun 16-Feb-14 16:21:12

National motoring museum at Beaulieu or Peppa Pig World!

Stinkyfeet Sun 16-Feb-14 16:26:56

Lots of ideas here

Stinkyfeet Sun 16-Feb-14 16:29:54

Adventure Wonderland is quite good too. My ds's love the indoor soft play!

ylloyd888 Thu 20-Feb-14 17:20:37

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

VivaLeBeaver Thu 20-Feb-14 17:24:09

Marwell zoo.

The historic docks at Portsmouth are fab and would be on the way there/home.

The otter and owl sanctuary is very good.

DaddyIsHome Thu 20-Feb-14 17:42:00

Peppa pig world is great but 7 might be a bit old. There used to be loads of streams and rope swings in the forrest, spent hours there when I was younger and theyre still there!

Slainte Thu 20-Feb-14 17:43:51

PP Wotld is set within Paultons Park which is probably more suitable for a 7yo.

youbethemummylion Thu 20-Feb-14 17:44:56

Manor Farm is lovely and you can make it a full day thing with walks in the woods.

LondonSuperTrooper Thu 20-Feb-14 21:07:29

Thanks for all of your suggestions. We are going tomorrow smile

Grittzio Thu 20-Feb-14 21:16:32

Moors Valley Country Park on edge of Forest is a good day out, there is a play trail with different structures to climb, go in, play on. Adventure Play park, Go Ape, one for adults and older kids, one for younger. A steam train, picnic area and you can take your bikes. You just pay for the car park, Go ape and train but you don't have to do these to have a good day.

lessthanBeau Thu 03-Apr-14 18:47:50

awwww moors valley country park! the best day out we had in the new forest that place is brilliant! and you only pay car parking.

SignoraStronza Thu 03-Apr-14 18:53:06

I'll second Moors Valley. There is a special Go Ape! course for children your ds's age and plenty of parkland to explore.

Laska42 Thu 03-Apr-14 18:57:27

B&B recommendation in Brockenhurst (weve been there three times now the breakfast is wonderful) cottagelodge.co.uk/ here]]

Just cycle the trails and enjoythe forest ! You can hire bikes in Brockenhurst , there's lost of safe cycling trails in the forest. Brockenhurst has nice places to eat suitable for grownups and kids .. especially recomment the Italian next to the station and Yenz.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now