NERVOUS GETTING ABOUT IN LONDON/USING UNDERGROUND

(27 Posts)
monkeytree Sat 01-Feb-14 19:14:37

I want to take my older dc to the theatre (Novello) in Aldwych in May this year. Trying to work out the best way of getting there. I live in Gloucestershire and there is a direct train route to London Paddington which would be the most comfortable way of getting there. The only problem is I feel nervous about using the underground unaccompanied (usually travel with husband but he will be at home looking after young dc) and can really see myself getting lost (I rely on SATNAV all the time as my map reading skills are not up to much) and my daughter is quite use to mum going on a 'mystery tour' when I drive somewhere I don't know.

I wanted to treat my dc as she has been really good with our new baby and I know there is a show that she would really like to see.

I have tried to find coach trips for this show that drop at the door but I am struggling to find one that is not on a school day etc. I was tempted to go for an overnight stay but this would cost over £300.00 with upgraded tickets etc.

Anyone got any suggestions? I think a taxi from Paddington would cost more than our rail fare....

JodieGarberJacob Sat 01-Feb-14 23:30:32

Yes, just stay on the Circle line, no changes, takes about 20 minutes.

JassyRadlett Sun 02-Feb-14 08:52:25

If you're not changing, it's pretty straightforward to do the deep lines - just follow the big 'way out' signs. No chance to go wrong!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now