Afternoon around the O2 on Sunday with 7 year old DD

(9 Posts)
twofalls Thu 30-Jan-14 12:08:36

I am taking DD1 to see Taylor Swift at the O2 on Sunday night. We are staying overnight at a hotel nearby so thought we would make an afternoon of it on Sunday. I don't want to drag her around too much as I don't want her to get too tired. What is there to do around Greenwich area? We can check in to our hotel at 2pm.

Any ideas welcome! Thanks

Badmumof3 Thu 30-Jan-14 22:46:37

I'm planning to take my 3 on the Emirates skyline, a cable car over the Thames

pancakesfortea Thu 30-Jan-14 22:51:16

Cable car! It closes in high wind though.

Loads of stuff to do in Greenwich proper - depends how far from the 02 you are willing to stray.

Blu Sun 02-Feb-14 13:17:56

Cable car if it is running and then go into The Crystal on the other side. (electronic / futuristic exhibition centre)

twofalls Mon 03-Feb-14 12:35:27

Thanks. We went to south bank, then walked to the globe, tooktge tour and from there got the boat the O2 by which time we needed a rest at our hotel. We toyed with doing the cable car but dd was flagging and I knew it was going to be a late night!

majormoo Thu 06-Feb-14 13:44:51

Where do you get the cable car from to the O2? I am taking my daughter to Taylor Swift on Monday and never been to the O2 before. Although will I be struggling to get on with 20,000 Swifties?

My DD is ten. Do you think Crystal museum would be fun/exciting?

twofalls Thu 06-Feb-14 17:15:44

Near excel I think, but you can just do a round trip

Have fun at the concert. She was amazing, dd1 is still buzzing. We were a bit dim and didn't wear anything red but loads if the girls did and looked amazing.

twofalls Thu 06-Feb-14 17:16:42

Getting the boat to the O2 was great. We got it from outside the globe but it goes from the London eye too.

majormoo Thu 06-Feb-14 21:40:28

thanks. dd very excited!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now