Birmingham with DD6 and DS9

(10 Posts)
JiltedJohnsJulie Wed 29-Jan-14 22:25:52

Planning to go for a day in half term. Know the new library is supposed to be worth a look.

Any other places we can visit?

Peppapigisnotmyname Thu 30-Jan-14 17:32:50

Thinktank is very good x

JiltedJohnsJulie Thu 30-Jan-14 18:34:40

Sounds good. How far from New Street is it?

twentyten Thu 30-Jan-14 18:39:22

National trust back to back houses are central and v good. Sea life centre?

JiltedJohnsJulie Thu 30-Jan-14 19:04:33

Thank you. They all sound good? Not sure how far we'll get around but the more suggestions the better smile

Ilikesweetpeas Sat 01-Feb-14 19:50:31

Another recommendation for Thinktank which is great!

NannyPeach Sat 01-Feb-14 20:45:50

Library, Sealife, theatres and symphony hall are all in close walking distance of each other. Thinktank is also great. I think there are discounts for pre booking both of these.

CMOTDibbler Sat 01-Feb-14 20:53:07

The sealife centre is rubbish - don't waste your money. Thinktank is ace, though ds will not stop going on about the hip replacement roleplay

toolatetobed Sat 01-Feb-14 21:06:59

I have been to the Sea Life Centre in Birmingham twice with my children and we enjoyed it. Obviously, you know your own children and whether they are likely to be interested in spending time looking at creatures or whether they will specifically want things to do rather than look at. I think 6 and 9 is also a good age for Cadbury World, but that's not in the centre of Birmingham and for half-term you will need to book in advance (which can be done online).

JiltedJohnsJulie Tue 04-Feb-14 22:33:50

Had a look at thinktank then had a look at the price. Wow! Think that one is crossed off our list, unless anyone has a discount code or know where we can get vouchers...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now