somewhere between brum and manc???

(5 Posts)
Bea Sun 17-Nov-13 11:49:22

want to meet up with lovely dear old friend for catch up and tea... between manc and brum trainline (no car)
Thought Stafford but not sure what place like.... good for a pootle?
thought about meeting at trentham gardens/outlet but how far away is that from the railway station?

Anyone any ideas????

have considered chester....but 1 hour and half each way... would prefer to be on the actual trainline between manc and brum!

local knowledge please!!!!

grants1000 Sun 17-Nov-13 16:57:58

Tretham gardens is great but £££ and is mile away from a station. What about Stoke on Trent, on the main train line for both, direct into centre, although have no idea of where you could go!

Have you posted on the local pages for that area for suggestions?

serin Sat 14-Dec-13 20:10:37

Potteries shopping centre is in Stoke but I have never been so can't comment.

There are also a few potteries tours, like Wedgewood?

Flowersandfaff Sat 14-Dec-13 20:23:36

Stafford is lovely for a pootle, train station is 10 mins walk from the town centre, some very nice little cafes and pubs for lunch or tea shops are a bit limited but if it is just a wander and a gossip with a friend then it's more than adequate. The Post House is particularly nice and in the town centre.
Stoke is more of a trek from the station into town, in fact I think you'd need a taxi into Hanley from Stoke station. Shops are plentiful but eating places more limited.
Stafford is mostly outside so if it rains you'd get wet.
Trentham is gorgeous but not near a train station as far as I know.
Hope you have a lovely day!

MajesticWhine Sat 14-Dec-13 20:28:35

Trentham gardens is lovely. Stafford is a pleasant town, nothing special, but pleasant. I would avoid potteries shoping centre / Hanley at all costs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now