Afternoon tea recommendations in Hamsphire to include DC too

(4 Posts)
Sidge Sun 10-Nov-13 22:13:26

Come down to Portsmouth - The Tenth Hole at Southsea is lovely and do loads of yummy cakes!

There's loads to do in Portsmouth and Southsea - museums, Historic Dockyard, funfair, beach as well as Gunwharf Quays if you fancy shopping or eating out, bowling or cinema.

Stanstead House and Gardens has a lovely tea room and a miniature railway to boot! It's near Havant.

www.paviliontearoom.co.uk

Pinkandwhite Sun 10-Nov-13 22:03:37

How about Cassandra's Cup in Chawton (near Alton)? The cakes are great, it's really pretty and it's right next door to a park (although your children may not be too interested in parks anymore...). It's also across the road from Jane Austen's house. It's where she wrote her books and its now a museum. There's also the watercress line in Alton if you wanted to tie it in with a trip on a steam train. That would be a lovely day out.

I would also recommend Gilbert White's house in Selborne. They have a lovely tea room with good cake. Gilbert White's house is interesting and the village itself is lovely. There's a great walk you can do from there. I'm not sure what its official name is, we called it the zig zag path when I was a child...

chicaguapa Sun 10-Nov-13 11:24:53

Inspired by a whole morning spent browsing the Red Letter Days website, I'm compiling a list of family things to do for 2014 and want to include afternoon tea for us and DC (12 & 9).

We're in Hampshire, but Dorset, Surrey & Oxfordshire would be ok too. The main thing is that it has plenty of cakes for DC. grin

Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now