Days out in Norfolk in November

(21 Posts)
jussey17 Fri 01-Nov-13 14:10:34

Stupidly we have booked a holiday next week in Reeps Norfolk. Any ideas for what we can do especially if it is wet with a 4 year old (most of the good stuff seems to be closed). Thanks.

lljkk Fri 01-Nov-13 20:35:21

Repps with Bastwick? It is kind of nowhere.
Is Bure Valley Railway running?
Swimming pool (Marina) at Yarmouth is nice. But sea life centre barely worth an hour.
Castle in Norwich is good. And Cathedral.
Bracing walk along the sea if weather alright (bit early for sea lions).
Check if Wroxham Barns (funfair bit) is open.
I thought Dino park was open in winter now, they have a decent indoor soft play bit.
Is the circus show running in yarmouth/Gorleston? My kids love that.
Must be some other soft play.

serin Fri 01-Nov-13 21:53:59

Africa Alive (is that open?)
Southwold Pier?
Drive up to Blakeney point and go to see the new born seals, (don't get sea lions in England!) then a walk around the board walk at Cley nature reserve.
Will keep thinking.

5madthings Fri 01-Nov-13 21:58:00

Africa alive, the dinosaur park.

Castle museum if you come into Norwich.

There is the playbarn in porimgland, has animals as well as soft play etc.

Various national trust places.

If it's not raining the sheringham park and southwold etc are nice to visit.

5madthings Fri 01-Nov-13 21:58:52

Banham zoo.

Africa alive is open yes smile

I am in Norwich btw will have a think...

5madthings Fri 01-Nov-13 21:59:39

N the 8th Nov there is a free fireworks display at the castle in Norwich BTW smile

Choccyjules Fri 01-Nov-13 22:01:15

We went here in September and DD (5) had fun despite the rain.

www.redwings.org.uk/visiting/aylsham-visitor-centre/

It's a horse and donkey sanctuary, free entry, play area, cafe and shop, stay as long as you like.

5madthings Fri 01-Nov-13 22:03:36

Thetford forest is still nice in winter, even if this drizzly you are under trees, just wear wellies.

I agree beach walks are nice as well, weoften take our five up to the beach for a run around/walk, etc.

Blu Fri 01-Nov-13 22:03:37

Get a boat on the Broads for a day (google for hire companies)
Norwich Castle is good.

5madthings Fri 01-Nov-13 22:05:06

Yes redwings s nice appre fly, my friend works there smile

Broads is a good idea.

Household heath is nice for a walk and there arepubs/restaraunts nearby.

Blicklimg hall.

5madthings Fri 01-Nov-13 22:06:47

www.holkham.co.uk/html/woodlandplay.html

Also bure valley railway? Not sure what is running at moment but they often have stuff on.

5madthings Fri 01-Nov-13 22:08:49

Gressenhall museum. Think that is still open?

5madthings Fri 01-Nov-13 22:09:51

Oh bum I think the hokeham place may be closed sad

Blu Fri 01-Nov-13 22:24:26

Sea Life Centre - Gt Yarmouth
Pleasurewood Hills theme park - last day is Nov 3rd
Ten Pin Bowling, inc Bumper Bowling for kids at N Walsham, next to Rossi's swimming pool (but I think the pool is a members only gym pool). Bowling in Norwich, too.

5madthings Fri 01-Nov-13 22:26:26

Is it cromer or sheringha, that has the splash pool with slides ams wave machine?sea life is expensive and not that good IMO. But OK for a rainy day.

jussey17 Fri 01-Nov-13 22:51:02

Thank you all sorry for slow reply have been frantically packing half he house. I think holidays are quite stressful, well at least the getting there bit.

Blu Fri 01-Nov-13 23:00:28

Sheringham has the Splash Tropical Pool. Not quite as glamorous as it sounds but it has waves, a slide.... Sheringham also has small museum with lifeboats, arcades, the Sheringham Little theatre. Cromer has a small museum with Mammoth bones, a multiplex cinema, a small pier and some (really foul, smelly) arcades.

On the N Norfolk Coast not far from Sheringham there is also the Musselburgh Collection - tanks and other warfare.

5madthings Fri 01-Nov-13 23:01:25

My boys love the mussleborough collection!

jussey17 Fri 01-Nov-13 23:26:41

We have Rice Krispie vouchers so sealife would be an option. Trains always a success with my ds. Aylsham open as is Africa live. Thank you we were beginning to feel quite despondent but with thes ides some dry weather for brisk beach and beyond walks and a lot of cake I think all will be well.

Patilla Sat 02-Nov-13 06:39:47

If its open and weather dry then wrap up warm and put DC in wellies and hop over to Bewilderwood. Bags of fun.

lljkk Sat 02-Nov-13 09:12:06

Bummer Hippodrome not open in November. It is an awkward time of yr.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now