CADBURY WORLD any good

(12 Posts)
PicaK Wed 30-Oct-13 18:23:54

I did have the choc drink first - so sickly I couldn't face any of the four bars we each got as we went round.

PicaK Wed 30-Oct-13 18:22:58

Ds and I went this summer. He's 4 and was too young. The displays are good if you can read - I think from 8 would be best. There were also 3 display rooms which just had films showing and they didn't open the door to the next room until it was over. Felt very claustrophobic.
The outdoor playground was good and the shop was cool - but you could nonchalantly stroll in for free to these if you were so minded. There were a lot of signs up saying 30 mins queue from here for a rubbish photo opportunity and for a little ride that lasted 2 mins.
Tesco vouchers tho so I didn't feel like I'd wasted my money.

Vajazzler Sat 26-Oct-13 18:06:45

If you can get in for free with your club card vouchers like I did then you'll be disappointed but at least you won't have paid for it.

VivaLeBeaver Sat 26-Oct-13 17:58:48

The warm chocolate at the end is the best bit!

We went a couple of years ago. It was ok, dd enjoyed it and wants Togo back.

serin Sat 26-Oct-13 17:51:37

Whatever you do don't have the cup of warm chocolate at the end.

Everyone else in our family ate the bars of choc going round the tour and didn't feel like the warm cup full. I hadn't eaten any chocolate all day and therefore ate the sample pot. Within 20 mins I was throwing up on the M6.

God knows how long they had been keeping it at blood temp for hmm

addictedtolatte Mon 21-Oct-13 20:06:31

Thanks for your comments I might have a rethink then smile

Floralnomad Mon 21-Oct-13 19:31:08

I agree completely with wickedwitch , she sums it up perfectly.

Moxiegirl Mon 21-Oct-13 19:30:37

If you're expecting something out of Charlie and the chocolate factory like I was yes you will be disappointed! I've not been for a long time though, maybe it's better now!

wickedwitchNE Mon 21-Oct-13 19:26:31

I was dragged every single summer as a child by my grandad and so absolutely love it, in a nostalgic kind of way I think!
If you can get a decent discount voucher of some sort and it isn't too far to go then I would say yes. But otherwise you could end up a bit disappointed, it is very expensive for what you get, and while some parts would be perfect for a 5yo others would be a bit boring for him. I am planning on taking 6yo DSD next year though, have waited long enough to go back!

nomorecrumbs Mon 21-Oct-13 19:23:16

The reviews don't seem TOO bad...

www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Review-g186402-d214033-Reviews-Cadbury_World-Birmingham_West_Midlands_England.html

I really wanted to go as a child until I heard you don't get many free samples at all. I was imagining something fun like a little taster of a flavour every few minutes.

roisin Mon 21-Oct-13 19:18:34

No.

addictedtolatte Mon 21-Oct-13 18:49:13

Am thinking of booking for my 5 year old ds but unsure what it's like. Would you recommend it?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now