Baby-friendly City of London

(8 Posts)
Icyalittle Thu 17-Oct-13 22:50:09

Help from any all well-informed MNers, please! I have volunteered to look after my 5 month old grandson in London at the beginning of November, while my daughter goes to a work training day in the City (Fleet Street). She is still breast-feeding so I need to keep close enough to meet her every 3-4 hours. I can't keep the poor boy in his pram all day - any bright ideas of places to go / see, good places for nappy changing? Please?

ceeveebee Thu 17-Oct-13 22:57:20

London Aquarium? About 20 m

ceeveebee Thu 17-Oct-13 22:58:03

Oops - 20min walk from Fleet Street? At that age my DCs loved looking at fish

Icyalittle Thu 17-Oct-13 23:15:08

Ooh good idea, thank you. And presumably warm.

chocolatecrispies Thu 17-Oct-13 23:34:15

Is Coram Fields too far? Near Russell Square. They have a drop in for under-5s there every day and there are animals to look at. It closes for the winter though so you would want to check the website.

MrsMargoLeadbetter Fri 18-Oct-13 00:01:35

Museum of London at Moorgate is good and spacious enough for a pushchair. Think it is free.

blondieminx Fri 18-Oct-13 00:23:08

Branches of Starbucks often have nice spacious loos good for baby changing.

You could pop across to the Tate Modern for a bit of art just after a feed?

The area around St Paul's has been re landscaped with new shops and bars, there is an enormous new shopping mall at One New Change

Hope you and your grandson have a super day!

Icyalittle Sun 27-Oct-13 19:26:57

Thank you all so much for great suggestions. The Starbucks info is particularly useful Blondie, for future reference too. I particularly like the fact that you have all suggested things to keep me interested all day too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now