woodland near exeter?

(4 Posts)
574ejones Thu 10-Oct-13 19:05:33

Haldon Forest is lovely for a walk - lots of wildlife to see. The woods around Becky Falls are also lovely, although I seem to remember the entrance fee is quite high, but the drive to it is beautiful.

bluebump Fri 04-Oct-13 22:03:47

There is Stoke Woods on the Exeter to Tiverton road. I've only ever driven past it so can't tell you much about it but might be worth a google. Haldon Forest is nice though.

duchesse Fri 04-Oct-13 21:55:59

East Hill is nice- Lovely old beech trees. You can walk along the ridge from above Ottery St Mary all the way to the end of the ridge overlooking the sea. It's rather nice.

Ashclyst Forest is good for walks through a mixed broadleaf/ conifer forest- not ancient but lots to see along the way. It can be very muddy after rain but there are lots of marked walks and a long bridle path all the way round with some good views over countryside.

Haldon Hill is very popular but I think it's mostly conifers.

eggybrokenoff Fri 04-Oct-13 09:26:21

looking for a really nice walk in proper woodland around exeter ish (but have a car so can drive a bit) want proper ancient woodland, lots of lovely leaf colours that kind of thing. anyone know any?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now