Legoland hotel - is it worth it?

(7 Posts)
hulahoopsilove Thu 03-Oct-13 15:17:00

I fancy it looks great but alot of money! What is the food like also?

hulahoopsilove Mon 07-Oct-13 12:42:22

anyone stayed in it?

LeonardoAcropolis Mon 07-Oct-13 13:01:31

Hello, we stayed there in August with our two sons, 5 and nearly 2 and found it totally worthwhile. Last year we stayed nearby which was ok but staying on site meant that we could take the younger one for a nap, older DS enjoyed the pool plus we were able to stay in the park longer. Hotel guests are allowed in the park a little earlier and we used that time to go on Atlantis, boat school and driving school, the queues for those are horrific later on.

We stayed in a standard Adventurer room which was comfy a d clean, kids loved the detail. Breakfast was ok, lots of choice. We had lunch in the skyline bar. The best meal we had there, food at Legoland is expensive grot in the main.

The hotel is sweet, lots of lovely lego detail. Hope this helps.

EMS23 Mon 07-Oct-13 13:05:51

We've stayed twice and loved it. It's not without fault but for convenience it gets top marks.
Expensive yes but again, it's totally kid centric, the food is fine and you won't find better or cheaper in the park itself.
We've tended to go back to the hotel for lunch too and you can sit outside, order from the Skyline bar and relax while the kids play in the little playground.

hulahoopsilove Mon 07-Oct-13 16:42:41

thanks for this..our DS is 8 wondering if that is too old - he adores building lego and loves the park

EMS23 Mon 07-Oct-13 19:26:08

My DC's are DSS9, DD 2 and DD 1. The 9 old loves the hotel, every aspect of it. He loves the Lego everywhere to play with, the little kids bunk bed area in the room, the different Lego models on the walls, the treasure hunt in your room that leads you to open a locked chest. The big box of Lego in the room to play with, the Bricks restaurant and the kids play area by it.
He loves getting into the park early and the swimming pool.

In short, he loves every single thing about it! Sounds like your DS would too.

I should charge Legoland a commission!!!

southernbelle79 Mon 07-Oct-13 21:09:06

hi all im sure my boys 4 and nearly 2 would love it....is it a bad idea to go this October half term? does weather need to be great? do they hav enough to do indoors?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now