School holidays!!!

(6 Posts)
ruthie48 Fri 11-Oct-13 11:06:21

I am throwing the Gauntlet--I challenge any holiday company whether abroad or in UK to sell me a holiday in August that ain't ££££££ more just because I chose to have children!!!!!!!?

ruthie48 Fri 11-Oct-13 11:04:41

And don't get me started on Centre Parcs prices in school holidays!!!!!!

exoticfruits Fri 20-Sep-13 15:19:59

You are lucky if you have just discovered this- I have had a lifetime of it!

exoticfruits Fri 20-Sep-13 15:18:57

It has always been the same - you have to pay more with a teacher in the family. You don't need to know the school holiday dates, I can look at a ski brochure and find the Feb half terms, or whether the country has 2 different half terms. It isn't suddenly going to change.

frenchfancy Fri 20-Sep-13 15:09:49

You are not paying £300 more, the people going outside school holidays are getting a £300 discount.

ruthie48 Fri 20-Sep-13 15:03:43

Looked up prices for school holidays on a cottage reviewed. Rant time dear readers---- why oh why oh why do I have to pay £300 plus to holiday just because I have kiddy winkies?! Yes I know it's supply and demand but thought we were all skint! I just don't get it! On principle will not pay £300 extra just because schools on holiday! Not fair and sadly won't be able to go on holiday abroad till 2017 when kids can be left home alone. Also sadly I will be 57 and knackered!!!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now