Whats Gullivers Kingdom (matlock) like these days?

(8 Posts)
Mosschops30 Thu 22-Aug-13 21:26:33

Havent been for about 32 years grin but thought i might take my dcs this weekend

Bumblebee78 Thu 22-Aug-13 21:32:02

My mum took my 4 year old recently fo the second time. He loves it. Just to mention that if you go online to their website they have all inclusive tickets that are a few pounds more than the standard day tickets. Thy look worth i from what extras you seem to get.

Mosschops30 Thu 22-Aug-13 21:35:35

Ok thanks will take a look

serin Sat 24-Aug-13 21:38:21

If it is anything like their Warrington one then beware of wasps. seriously take some anthisan with you and maybe repellent as well.

Pancakeflipper Sat 24-Aug-13 21:43:18

It's still the steepest theme park ever.

They had the most amazing 'travelator' up one hill that the children wouldn't get off cos' they thought it was a brilliant ride.

We also sat open mouthed at the family who dragged their picnic up the steep hills in 4 large suitcases on wheels. My children looked at my average sized tupperware containing egg sarnies with great disappointment and tried to get adopted by the other family for an hour.

Dancergirl Sun 25-Aug-13 08:58:48

It's lovely but don't go in the winter like we did. We were there in Feb and as the site is so exposed, it was bloody freezing! On the plus side there were no queues. You'll be fine going now but it is VERY steep. Great for littlies, mine loved it despite the cold.

elliepac Sun 25-Aug-13 09:45:07

It's a lovely day out. My top tip would be to start at the top and work your way down. Then get the cable car back up at the end of the day.

Mosschops30 Sun 25-Aug-13 23:05:35

OMG you weren't wrong about the wasps!!! Why so many?? Even when you weren't near bins they were everywhere never seen so many in one place.

It was ok, expensive for what it was I thought, bit old, tattered and run down but queues were small and the kids enjoyed so job done smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now