Alton Towers Adult or Child Tickets?

(7 Posts)
HarrietSchulenberg Thu 22-Aug-13 21:05:34

With a sinking heart I am caving in to the endless demands and taking DSes and (friendly) ex-H to Alton Towers this weekend. There's 5 of us altogether: 3 adults as DS1 is 12, and 2 children. No-one is under 4 or could even pass for 4 so no chance of a free entry.

I have enough Tesco Clubcard vouchers to get 3 tickets, possibly 4 if I can just find another £2 voucher. These are stated as adult tickets but is it OK to take children in on these?

Also, I have a 2 for 1 offer that states adult tickets. Assuming that I can't find my other £2 voucher and can only buy 3 Clubcard tickets, can these be used to cover DS2 and 3, bearing in mind they're 10 and 6 so not really adults. Am happy to pay for the 1 adult ticket as it's cheaper than buying 2 child ones, but just wonder how vigilantly Alton Towers police its tickets and whether they let children in on adult tickets.

As you can see, I've not been to a theme park in donkey's years. Not since I won AT tickets in an Mumsnet competition about 8 years ago!

HarrietSchulenberg Thu 22-Aug-13 22:58:54

Anyone? I don't want to rock up at Alton Towers and find I have to shell out for 2 child tickets if I can get away with a 2 for 1 on adult tickets.

ProtegeMoi Thu 22-Aug-13 23:04:33

Bit late but yes you can, they just scan them at the door so it dosnt matter as long as its one ticket per person.

We often use adult tickets for the DC when we have offers on.

Have a nice day.

ProtegeMoi Thu 22-Aug-13 23:07:55

The only thing you might have a problem on but I'm not sure is dont the telco club card tickets say not to be used in conjunction with any other offer? In which case you can't get 2 for 1 on those tickets.

HarrietSchulenberg Fri 23-Aug-13 00:10:27

Thank you for this.

I'm going to use the clubcard vouchers for the 3 adult tickets then the 2 for 1 offer to get 2 adult tickets but use them for children, if that makes sense. It seems to be cheaper than buying 2 full price child tickets.

I just wish you could get a "not going on the big rides just holding the bags but might have a razz on the little non-scary rides" type pass.

BumpAndGrind Fri 23-Aug-13 00:51:01

Kellogs have vouchers for buy a child ticket get an adult in free....slightly cheaper still. and yes, an child can get in on an adult ticket.

ProtegeMoi Fri 23-Aug-13 01:51:56

Ahh yes makes sense, that will be absolutely fine and your pass is a great idea lol.

I resented paying full price when pregnant to walk around all day but they don't do a non rider ticket sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now