cliveden? bekonscot? windsor? afternoon with 4 and 1 year old

(7 Posts)
bunnybunyip Thu 22-Aug-13 22:10:51

Brilliant, thanks everyone.
I am a bit nervous about taking DD (she is almost 2 now) to Bekonscot; she is incredibly fast, into everything, climbs, and can be quite destructive at times, so I think would be harder work for me (although any play area with the 2 of them is a mix of knackering and terrifying, as DS is clumsy and prone to falling off things!).
Will take a look at the Vyne, thanks; we went to Wisley last time we were in those parts and really enjoyed it. Have done the Lookout before too, just the outdoor playarea there is fantastic.

Inclusionist Thu 22-Aug-13 21:26:49

My apologies for the grammar there!!

Another option is RHS Wisley. It has a lovely playground and good cafes and very handy for Guildford.

Inclusionist Thu 22-Aug-13 21:23:38

Bekonscot is good but you might have a stressful time keeping the 1yo off the train tracks if he/she is walking.

The playground at Cliveden is nice.

If you want NT I would recommend The Vyne near Basingstoke. The playground there is awesome. Based on the Hobbit. It has a running stream for the children to play in which is really lovely- take a change of clothes!!

Other good place is the Lookout in Bracknell or Odds Farm. Both great for an afternoon with those ages.

Anthracite Thu 22-Aug-13 21:17:04

Beckonscot is a must-do. It is brilliant for young kids (and parents). It will take 1.5 - 2 hours out of your day and is max 10 minutes from the M40.

Cliveden is lovely. You can do several walks in the woods of varying lengths (max about 1hr) and there are plenty of picnic benches.

nancerama Thu 22-Aug-13 21:12:57

We did Bekonscot yesterday. DS is 2 and adored it. He's not the most patient or focused child but was mesmerised by the trains. There's also the train ride and a play area (with no swings - bliss!).

Expensive though £9.50 for adults and £5.50 for 2 and over.

meatloaf Thu 22-Aug-13 21:10:04

Dont know the area that well, but DD has been to the model village a few times and enjoyed it but not to the point where she talks about going back there. Odds Farm is around there too (although not cheap).

If you have NT anyway, why not just go to Cliveden?

bunnybunyip Thu 22-Aug-13 20:01:23

Hi, tomorrow I'm travelling between High Wycombe and Guildford and have a few hours to kill with the kids.
WE have national trust membership so wondered about cliveden; thought maybe kids a bit young for the model village at bekonscot but not sure; if you know the area, what would you do?
Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now