A day in Bristol waiting for a flight

(11 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

Judyandherdreamofhorses Sun 18-Aug-13 07:35:26

What would you do? We've got a 4 and 1 year old. Flight is at 4pm and we're staying overnight.

M-shed is a free museum about the history and people of Bristol. My 5yo really enjoyed it - very interactive. It's on the dock, so near SS Great Britain etc., lots of food places and we even caught the little ferry from one side of the dock to the other.

Judyandherdreamofhorses Sun 18-Aug-13 16:51:59

That sounds great, thanks. We don't know Bristol at all, so would be good to walk around the dock area and a free museum is perfect.

PatTheHammer Sun 18-Aug-13 16:54:44

M shed is great as is the SS Great Britain.
If you walk around the harbour at the moment there is the 'Gromit unleashed' exhibition. Basically a trail of Gromit sculptures from Wallace and Gromit, all painted differently. We are local to Bristol but my kids went Gromit hunting last week and loved it!
It's free!

Ooh yes - we spent most of our holiday Gromit spotting.
www.gromitunleashed.org.uk/

skyeskyeskye Sun 18-Aug-13 17:54:12

I was going to say the Gromit statues too. My friends went up and found most of them. One is actually at the airport too I think

DragonsAreReal Sun 18-Aug-13 18:00:10

The airport is a fair way from Bristol city centre though. Are you staying near the airport or in Bristol?

Judyandherdreamofhorses Sun 18-Aug-13 18:15:24

Staying near the airport but flight isn't until late afternoon so happy to travel about. Thanks.

DragonsAreReal Sun 18-Aug-13 21:07:49

Your closer to Weston super mare then Bristol.

Bungalow Inn is really nice and has a free softplay area and nice food, puxton park is lovely to for a day out so I have heard. Weston is ok, it's not the nicest of beaches but it's ok to mess about on have fish and chips and the pier is ok.

IsabellaMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 10-Sep-13 14:55:07

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

bluebump Tue 10-Sep-13 14:56:59

We loved the Gromit hunting too.

IsabellaMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 10-Sep-13 14:58:01

If you're looking for things to do in a local area, try our Local sites. Find the right one here: local.mumsnet.com/find-a-local-site and click on Things to Do.

For specific recommendations for Bristol, see our Local Editor for Bristol's feature on what's great about the city and Mumsnetter recommendations www.mumsnet.com/mnlocal/bristol-site-of-the-week

Finally, join the discussion here: local.mumsnet.com/Talk/bristol/local-active

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now