Anyone done Treasuretrails.co.uk ?

(7 Posts)
Rowlers Thu 15-Aug-13 21:55:10

Rapidly running out of ideas to entertain the nippers this summer. A friend mentioned treasure trails and I wondered if anyone had done any and how you found them?

Justinepants Thu 15-Aug-13 23:51:32

Yes, we did one in the winter. It was pretty good for a group ranging from 9-70. My 6 year old not so excited.

A couple of the clues were out of date but I think we texted for help or the answer or something.

I've also just done Huntfun for a work event which was similar and pretty good.

amandaingham Sat 17-Aug-13 12:56:52

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Rowlers Sat 17-Aug-13 19:38:12

No idea what the deleted message was but thanks for your comments justine. Am in two minds now as i think you pay 6.99 for each one....

SirChenjin Sat 17-Aug-13 19:42:07

We did one a couple of weeks ago and really enjoyed it - although our 6 year old didn't really 'get' it and made a beeline for the swing park, which delayed things a bit!

shelsco Sat 17-Aug-13 22:56:34

Yeah, we've done a couple. Its like a good long walk but with a purpose! Older kids 10+ are able to join in and look for clues although some of them can be a bit cryptic. You can text for help though if you get really stuck. Younger kids don't really get the clues but still enjoy the walk. They are quite long though and involve a couple of hours of solid walking. We did one with my parents and they found it quite hard. Worth a try for families though. We enjoyed the ones we did.

We tried one in our home town when the DCs were 7 and 5, they definitely weren't quite old enough.

Geocaching is a bit hit and miss, the DCs(9 and 7) now love it when they are easily found but give up quickly otherwise.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now