Bristol aquarium - worth a trip? Any deals?

(5 Posts)
plipplops Thu 25-Jul-13 21:20:59

Bristol Aquarium is lovely but super expensive and DDs ran round it in 20 mins too, def not worth the money. They loved @Bristol/Explore, personally I'm not too keen as its always so busy in school hols and weekends as they have to wait ages to go on anything, and I always feel that they're missing the science that's trying to be explained (but maybe that's not the point?!) If you don't mind that they'll have a lovely time, my girls still ask to go a lot. Bristol Zoo is really nice (and the aquarium bit is quite good incidentally), as well as the animals there's high ropes, a nice water play bit, a play bit with climbing frames etc and lots of room for picnics. And the suspension bridge and observatory/camra obscura are really nearby too. Or if you park behind M-shed it's really cheap to park, M-shed is a free interactive museum of Bristol (it's industrial past etc, but really good), the you can walk down the waterside (or get the steam train if its running) down to the SS Great Britain which is fab. Lots of little ferries and water taxis too to pop from place to place smile

IwishIwasmoreorganised Tue 16-Jul-13 22:11:31

Thanks for that. Ours are 7 and 5.

The aquarium is expensive for 20 minutes of fun. I'll have a look at @Bristol.

crikeybadger Tue 16-Jul-13 20:24:26

DH has taken our boys to the aquarium and he said that they went round it in about 20 mins. You can go round again of course.

He tells me that the science museum called @bristol is excellent and can occupy a full day. It's interactive and lots of fun and you can take your own lunch.

He would go back to @bristol but not to the aquarium. Our boys are 8 and 7, if that helps.

IwishIwasmoreorganised Tue 16-Jul-13 20:09:15

Shall I not bother then?!

IwishIwasmoreorganised Sun 14-Jul-13 21:28:05

Is it worth a trip (we live about 1 1/4 hours away)?

I was hoping that I could use the Kellogg's vouchers in the Bristol aquarium, but unfortunately it's not a Sealife centre so that plan is out of the window. Does anyone know of any other deals that I could use?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now