Ideas on what to do this weekend in London

(11 Posts)

Agree with Remus, the views are amazing on a clear day but little ones don't 'get' views and the movement of the wheel is so slow that you can barely feel it so its not like a ride...one to save for at least a couple more years IMO.

I like the Eye but it is v expensive and not sure a toddler would be overly taken by it tbh.

PleaseDoNotAdjustYourSet Wed 10-Jul-13 20:20:23

What's everyone's thoughts on the London eye? Is th suitable for a 20 month old plus 35 week pg?

Take a picnic to the paddling pool and fab playground on Hampstead Heath (behind the Lido at Gospel Oak station) - will be packed though.

PleaseDoNotAdjustYourSet Wed 10-Jul-13 20:12:33

Thank you all for the great suggestions!

Wolfiefan Wed 10-Jul-13 20:10:29

Duck Tours!

LadyStark Wed 10-Jul-13 20:09:06

I'm just on my way back from an evening on the Southbank, they have a fake beach, a grassy roof terrace and fountains for the kids to play in. Next to Wahaca for some nice lunch and tea and the entertainers, merry go round etc if you fancy a wander. Imagine it'll be busy but worth a visit at the weekend - think they still have a food market at weekends too. The aquarium and an arcade/bowling type place further down if you want to be inside.

Coram's Fields?

Suttonmum1 Wed 10-Jul-13 20:05:58

Boat trip to Greenwich using the regular commuter boats (they go really fast after they leave Tower of London)

Suttonmum1 Wed 10-Jul-13 20:04:14

Hyde Park and Princess Diana playground?

PleaseDoNotAdjustYourSet Wed 10-Jul-13 20:00:58

Dd is 20 months and I'm 35 weeks pg.

We've been to London zoo, sea life centre and the aquirium recently, any suggestions on what we can do this weekend?

The weather is going to be lovely so something outdoorsy but not too much walking wold be ideal.

We've had plenty of picnics as well recently.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now