Things to do at legoland that don't involve queuing?

(23 Posts)
hooplahoop Wed 10-Jul-13 19:40:42

Please excuse poorly phrased title!

I'm getting nervous about the queues at legoland, what's enjoyable to do there doesn't involve an hour long queue?

Thanks for the advice

Ruprekt Wed 10-Jul-13 19:42:02

Went today.smilesmile

Splashzone - no queue

Mini land no queue

Shows have no queue.

hooplahoop Wed 10-Jul-13 19:56:00

Thanks, hope you had a good time!

Pirate show
Pirate playground
4D cinema

snala Wed 10-Jul-13 20:11:44

Watching with interest as we are going on Friday. smile

DameFanny Wed 10-Jul-13 20:14:40

sloping off for a fag

Just got back and longest queues were about 20 mins, most things had almost no queue at all. Splash bit in Duplo bit was fantastic and the raft rides were a huge hit.

ImNotCute Wed 10-Jul-13 20:21:31

When we there I think I saw screens up at various places that told you what the queues were on various rides, so you can easily see which rides have no queue and head for those.

We went in half term and did wait quite a while for a few things, looking back we probably should have gone for less popular rides and had time for more of them.

2 tips I read on here were really useful- head straight for the rides at the bottom of the park when gates open, before they get busy. Park at the top of car park c, near the disabled spaces. My parents parked at bottom of car park b and it took them an hour longer to get out at the end of day, it was chaos!

hooplahoop Wed 10-Jul-13 20:31:46

It feels so random, my friend was there yesterday and was complaining they had to queue for an hour for everything! Can I persuade anyone to stay away next weds? wink

Pumpkinsquid Thu 11-Jul-13 10:14:19

Read the Legoland top tips thread, you have everything you need to know there!!!! There is posts on everything Legoland in there and you will be an expert!;)

Pumpkinsquid Thu 11-Jul-13 10:17:51

Pirate playground
Duplo playground
Squidrider playground
Pirate show
Puppet show
4D cinema
Little blue train (never bad queues)
Fairytale brook is usually quiet
Hotel playground
Miniland
Starwars miniland
Lokis labyrinth
All have no queues.
On a busy day with 3 kids we dont go on any rides apart from doing all the above. Its the only way to stay sane. Also do the green train during the pirate show when it goes quiet there.

ChocsAwayInMyGob Thu 11-Jul-13 10:21:14

I don't know about all this advice about where to park. There was no choice both times we went!

You don't have to queue for miniland, Star Wars, or the adventure playgrounds. No queues for Duploland Splash area, but it was busy.

We DID have to queue for the 4D cinema, and it was packed inside, but still a good show.

Zyn Thu 11-Jul-13 10:27:17

my kids and their friends liked the pirate boat. It's near pirate landing if that helps. It's not a ride, just a big boat with gangways, tunnels and slides.

Zyn Thu 11-Jul-13 10:29:54

At what point in the year does it get packed. I went early July thinking that because children were still at school it would be half empty. But it was full, queues for everything.

LovePotatoes Thu 11-Jul-13 10:34:16

brilliant tips. hopefully taking Dd there in August.

ChocsAwayInMyGob Thu 11-Jul-13 11:56:45

Zyn, we went on a Monday during term time and it was heaving. This was June. I think you have to go on a rainy January morning to get short queues. I really thought I was so big and clever going on an Inset day!

ChocsAwayInMyGob Thu 11-Jul-13 11:57:52

YY to the Prate ship climbing thingy.

Also, there are loads of massive fish in the big lake and my two loved watching those for ages (no queue!)

Pumpkinsquid Thu 11-Jul-13 12:34:19

Fish always get the leftover picknick! Great fun!

Pumpkinsquid Sat 13-Jul-13 22:05:35

Just thought of some more queueless things,
Xbox play room in lego city
The lego build rooms and hero factory

TwasBrillig Sat 13-Jul-13 22:10:23

Oh poo -so it will be packed Monday week then? I was going to take my pre schooler and thought it would be quieter as schools suitj happening.

Pumpkinsquid Sat 13-Jul-13 22:10:37

Re parking, they usually herd you in on busy days, but sometimes you can be naughty and slip the net, you will know the locals, they will rudely scoot around the corner at car park B and head up the top of c. You can also go up past the entrance pretending to drop off, then go straight past the disabled carpark down to the top of C. (Naughty me I shouldnt be telling you you will all be stealing my space now!!!)

hooplahoop Sun 14-Jul-13 22:58:38

Thanks to everyone, esp pumpkin will try my hardest to steer kids away from queues!

GampyWabbit Thu 25-Jul-13 10:52:05

Did you go hoopla? How was it?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now