Going to Bath for the weekend with dh, dd (11), ds (9) - things to do, your recommendations?

(8 Posts)
hmc Tue 02-Jul-13 21:09:42

Thinking about Roman Baths but I hear that queue to get in is horrendous?

Any recommendations of things to do / see ? Thanks x

frazzled74 Tue 02-Jul-13 21:58:23

open top bus tour was interesting, fashion museum and the house on royal crescent.We didn't pay for the roman baths but looked at them from the pump room and had a cream tea. Theres a lovely park and some boat rides that may appeal to your ds.

Bimbledorf Tue 02-Jul-13 22:13:04

I love Bath passionately! However, personally the Roman baths bored me but actually would appeal to my 9 year old son as they have recently studied the Romans and he gets way more excited by old rocks and archaeology than I do. So still prob a good place to go, queue was absolutely fine when we went although it was oct. the best bit of the baths, the main bath and not the old rocks below you can see from outside (sort of!)
if it was just you and your husband I'd highly recommend the rooftop pool at the thermae bath spa fantastic experience. I'm sure your children would also love it but it is v expensive so I guess depends on budget. Wandering round the town and looking at the quirky shops is also great fun but again prob not with kids?! Sorry not much help!

hmc Tue 02-Jul-13 22:13:53

Ooh sounds like lots to do - thanks frazzled74

hmc Tue 02-Jul-13 22:15:49

And thanks Bimble :-)

ilovemountains Tue 02-Jul-13 22:20:12

Children aren't allowed in thermae bath, bimbledorf!

Bimbledorf Tue 02-Jul-13 22:24:07

Fair enough can definitely see why!

hmc Tue 02-Jul-13 22:28:48

That's the UK for you, children welcome at the Blue Lagoon in Iceland and at thermal baths in Costa Rica, but not......Bath wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now