This Sunday in London - two boys age 5 and 8

(5 Posts)
thequietone Mon 01-Jul-13 21:19:59

Hi.
Looking for advice on what to do? We're fairly local (in Kent) but could really do with some suggestions for stuff to do with boys. The little one is a bit fidgety...

The Hop Farm? It's free entry now, you just have to pay for some of the rides. We're going on Saturday! smile

thequietone Mon 01-Jul-13 21:38:37

Thanks Sleepingbunnies, but we're looking for stuff in London itself. That's great news about the Hop Farm. I remember it being so expensive before...

lalalonglegs Mon 01-Jul-13 21:39:36

What do they like to do? Which part of London? My children really liked going on the cable car over the Thames then catching the DLR (driverless trains!!!), then you could go to Greenwich Park and mooch round Greenwich Market. Or, Kew Gardens is huge and has loads of stuff to do and see for children (if you travel by train, get a 2-4-1 deal here as it is quite pricy). In central London, there is the Princess Diana playground which does get rammed but is worth the wait or, also in Hyde Park, the Princess Diana fountain which my children love splashing round in, it keeps them weirdly enthralled for hours. Science and Natural History museums are also close by should you fancy those.

We did hms Belfast recently. Boys aged 8 and 6 loved it. Also keen on south bank. Did monument and v keen to do London eye. The British museum and Wallace collection (suits of armour) both great. Imperial war museum if the are into tanks planes etc.

Have fun!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now