Legoland for 12 year olds?

(7 Posts)
curlew Tue 25-Jun-13 14:17:43

Ds's year 7 reward trip is to Legoland- we've never been, but I thought it was mostly targeted at younger children. Is the much for this age group to do their?

OldBeanbagz Tue 25-Jun-13 14:40:03

My DD was bored when we went there and she was 9 at the time.

Wouldn't have it down as a great Y7 trip. Chessington might be a better choice.

curlew Tue 25-Jun-13 18:05:38

Oh dear. It sounds as if it might suit my wimpy son, but not most of his friends...........

They do Chessington in year 8

PatriciaHolm Tue 25-Jun-13 18:25:48

Heavens no, I wouldn't have thought so. My (daredevil) almost 9 year old is bored of it now. There are maybe 3/4 rides they might like and that's about it!

curlew Tue 25-Jun-13 18:41:18

Eek!

Blu Wed 26-Jun-13 20:15:32

DS's Yr 7 trip was Thorpe Park!

They will enjoy the log flume and the bigger rides, I daresay, and it is possible to enjoy looking at all the lego models.

But I wouldn't say it is targetted at 12 year olds.

My 12 & 13 year olds are keen to go back this summer. Granted they have the excuse of the younger sibling but are happy to go.

There aren't the same thrill rides as other parks, but enough with all the queuing I imagine. Also being a smaller park they may be planning to send the children round in small groups with no adult which I guess will make them excited. There may also be a couple short children in the class who couldn't ride everything at bigger parks? I would of thought the water park would amuse them too - OK it's might not be aimed at their age, but it would be a shame if at 12 they were too cool to like messing about splashing their mates.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now