Decent Italian restaurant/pizza place in Central London?

(16 Posts)
gleegeek Sun 23-Jun-13 14:28:19

Thank you so much. Rossopomodoro was perfect - I can happily pass on the recommendation to others. Delicious pizza and pasta, friendly service and dd loved watching them making the pizzas smile It was a perfect family retstaurant - we'll definitely be going back!

adventuremom I've taken a note of your recommendation for future reference too smile

adventuremom Sun 23-Jun-13 11:56:30

Hope I am not too late. Try Ciao Bello on Lamb's conduit. And short walk to Corum's fields playground as well.

gleegeek Fri 21-Jun-13 14:09:39

Just wanted to let you know we have booked a table at Rossopomodoro at Seven Dials. I'll update next week incase anyone else is looking for a decent meal....

I've taken a note of La Porchetta Pollo for future reference smile

Thanks all

gleegeek Thu 20-Jun-13 21:01:13

Thank you! MIL is currently scouring their websites to see if they're up to scratch! I think they all look fab - yumgrin

MegBusset Thu 20-Jun-13 20:37:23

Rossopomodoro (Seven Dials) is indeed nice, though when I went there with another MNer recently, they had run out of both rose wine and rum! Food was yummy though.

tigerdriverII Thu 20-Jun-13 20:35:56

Was going to say Rosso Pomodoro. There's one at Seven Dials.

marapat Thu 20-Jun-13 20:32:47

speaking as an Italian... Rosso pomodoro in Camden Town (too far for you?) is really good and children friendly. It is a small chain so I expect the others to be the same.

McPrice Thu 20-Jun-13 19:56:58

dont go to the one on the southbank!

burberryqueen Thu 20-Jun-13 19:51:55

sorry crap link here it is again

burberryqueen Thu 20-Jun-13 19:47:13

here is a [[http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g186338-d2256138-r140975706-La_Porchetta_Pollo_Bar-London_England.html link for the one in Old Compton st - when it was Pollo I used to go there all the time, have been there with children since then and they were really lovely to us.

Thesunrising Thu 20-Jun-13 19:42:04

I'd second La Porchetta. The one I know that's most central is Rosebery Avenue in Clerkenwell.

FamiliesShareGerms Thu 20-Jun-13 19:39:01

Where, roughly?

burberryqueen Thu 20-Jun-13 19:38:39

La Porchetta at the charing cross road end of Old Compton st. used to be a fab Italian caff that hadnt changed for years, has changed now and is still fab, v child friendly and quality pizzas.

gleegeek Thu 20-Jun-13 19:34:59

Thanks for your answer - sorry should have said - MIL has vetoed Strada/Pizza Express type chains! Sorry...

lightrain Thu 20-Jun-13 19:24:18

Strada is the most reliable Italian chain IMHO. Millions of them in central London - you can pick the one nearest to you.

gleegeek Thu 20-Jun-13 19:22:30

Hi

We're having a family day out in London on Saturday and would like to finish with an early dinner. Italian has been requested, but I'm having no luck googling (such mixed reviews) so thought I'd ask lovely MNers for their recommendations!

There will be 6 adults and 3 children (9, 8 and 5).
Thank you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now