Babymoon at home ideas

(8 Posts)
whyno Wed 12-Jun-13 17:18:18

My mother has offered to look after our toddler all weekend in a few weeks so that my husband and I can have a bit of a ‘babymoon’ (baby number two is due in two months).

We’re actually going to stay at home as we don’t have tons of cash to spend on going away but plan to be out all day doing nice stuff, and in the evening for supper etc only coming back once DS is in bed.

Anyway I am agonising on what exactly we should do with this very unusual time to ourselves! Anyone got any good ideas? What did you / would you do? Bearing in mind I’m pregnant and knackered most of the time!

JiltedJohnsJulie Thu 13-Jun-13 07:51:32

Am confused, I thought a babymoon was when the baby was born and you tucked yourself up in bed with the baby and didnt go out, like in this book.

7to25 Thu 13-Jun-13 07:58:42

Why NOt go to her house for a few days and chill without your toddler?
Potter, a couple of long lie ins, an afternoon nap and an early night.
Going out all day and getting back in to your mum sounds exhausting.
Do the things you can't do with a toddler.

cogitosum Thu 13-Jun-13 08:00:28

I'm pregnant but with dc1 so this is us constantly!

We've been going for loads of walks (very slow now I'm 36 weeks) and stop

cogitosum Thu 13-Jun-13 08:00:58

I'm pregnant but with dc1 so this is us constantly!

We've been going for loads of walks (very slow now I'm 36 weeks) and stopping at lovely tea rooms and having scones and cakes etc.

cogitosum Thu 13-Jun-13 08:01:17

Sorry something went a bit wrong there!

whyno Thu 13-Jun-13 16:18:01

Thanks! Unfortunately she lives a few hours away so can't go to her house easily although it's a very good idea. Tea rooms are a very good idea - in fact if the weathers good, lazing around some nice gardens might work. Thanks for the ideas.

youmeandthebump Sat 07-Sep-13 09:50:45

Hi Everyone,

Sorry for dropping in to this thread so late! Massive congrats as I see baby was due in August!

I was wondering if you had managed to spend some lovely time together on your babymoon at home? I have just started my own website www.youmeandthebump.com giving mums and dads to be ideas and inspiration for their babymoon whether at home or away (I have actually just created a section on having a babymoon at home).

I would love to hear from mums and dads who have enjoyed a babymoon - what they did, where they went and any hints, tips and recommendations for other parents to be.

I know that you will be extremely busy with 2 little ones (I have 3 gorgeous little boys and remember the best thing was watching how they all interact with each other and the new arrival) - but if you are able to get in contact I would be so grateful! My email address is louarnold@youmeandthebump.com

Thank you so much in advance - loads of love xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now