music festival buddies

(8 Posts)
Frida24 Sun 02-Jun-13 09:33:05

Hi, I'm new to Mumsnet. Have just bought a little retro caravan and am really keen to start going to music festivals again. Went to Beautiful Days near Exeter as a family a couple of years ago which was great but now the kids are big enough for me to take them off in the holidays (age 6 and 8) while other half's working. Any ideas on how to connect up with others so we can share watching the kids and get some 'grown up' time?

JiltedJohnsJulie Sun 02-Jun-13 22:37:05

Welcome to MN thanks

Didnt want your message to go unanswered, hopefully this will bump for you smile

Frida24 Mon 03-Jun-13 12:26:20

Thanks JJJ is bump mumsnet speak for something good? and how do you add those cute smileys and flowers

Ooo WOMAD is BRILLIANT for kids. Very family friendly, has a very good community spirit going (especially in the family camping area), doesn't generally attract idiots and is cheaper than most festivals. here's a link for some info on it

Not sure about general camping/traveling as I haven't done much with DS besides this festival (don't drive atm) smile

JiltedJohnsJulie Mon 03-Jun-13 14:10:21

Bump just means is moves up in the active list to in the section you've posted in so that other MNers can spot it more easily smile

The explanation of the smilies should be at the bottom of the page and thought you might like this too

123rd Wed 05-Jun-13 18:22:59

Latitude is excellent with kids. We are going back with 9yr dd and 6 yr ds for third time x not sure Southwold would be suitable for you to get too.

musicismylove Tue 25-Jun-13 20:12:37

Just came across your thread and thought you might be interested in this newly devloped facebook page, aimed at connecting people like yourselves at gigs and festivals.
https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/musicismylove.co.uk?fref=ts

musicismylove Tue 25-Jun-13 20:16:27

Just came across your thread and thought you might be interested in this newly devloped facebook page, aimed at connecting people like yourselves at gigs and festivals.
https://www.facebook.com/musicismylove.co.uk

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now