Reccomend me a day out please, very specific areas

(7 Posts)

Hi, I am planning a day out for 3 families, one family near Derby, one just south of York and one from Peterborough. We need somewhere to picnic, a play ground and space for football/games.

Please recommend me somewhere we can all get to, we all drive.

Many thanks.

Can you find an online map of country parks and then pick one in the middle?

My geography is rubbish, but if it rains, would the National Space Centre be any good? It's in Leicestershire. Well worth travelling to.

LIZS Mon 20-May-13 16:57:09

Belton House , Sherwood Forest ?

needanewnickname Thu 23-May-13 21:08:00

Yorkshire Wildlife Park near Doncaster is a good family day out. Is that in the right ball park location-wise? You'd want good weather though, as it's an outdoor place!

breward Thu 23-May-13 21:54:55

Belton House near Grantham has the most amazing adventure playground and would be an excellent day out. That gets my vote!

BikeRunSki Thu 23-May-13 22:07:06

Sherwood Pines
Sherwood Forest
Clumber Park
Rother Valley Country Park
Nostell Priory
Yorkshire Sculpture Park

All are within about 1.5 hours drive each of Peterborough, Derby and York. Maybe a little further for Peterborough, especially the last one (but within 2 hours).

Ooh, thank you all, I wouldn't have found some of those, we will be having regular meet ups, so I will start making our way through the suggestions.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now