Days out near bournemouth

(11 Posts)
ggirl Tue 21-May-13 22:51:14

raptor and reptile centre , stones throw from my house!

crabbing at mudeford quay, could do the same day as Christchurch

hungryallthetime Tue 21-May-13 22:13:55

Hengistbury Head is a good walk and a sandy beach when you get to Mudeford Spit.
Lovely long beach between Hengistbury Head and Sandbanks (7miles) so you can find quiet spots!
Christchurch has nice little water park by the river.d

PaperLantern Mon 20-May-13 19:03:52

Thank you everyone, I am going to excitedly google x

schooldidi Fri 17-May-13 21:46:58

We LOVED adventure wonderland when we were there a couple of years ago. It's a small theme park which is aimed at children under 8 ish, so there are no rides they can't go on, no huge queues and it's far less crowded than the bigger parks. It was much nicer than Paultons Park imo but that might be because I'm blessed with children who hate huge rides as much as I do.

HDEE Fri 17-May-13 21:42:10

Avon Heath Country Park

Upton House

Poole Park

Monkey World

Tank Museum

TwasBrillig Fri 17-May-13 21:41:11

Snap!

TwasBrillig Fri 17-May-13 21:40:48

Corfe Castle is not far away - a ruin but NT and rather fun for a ramble. If you go in that direction you could also do the steam railway into swanage, so that would fill a day and be interesting for them . Nice pubs for meals in Corfe itself.

Moors Valley is a country-park that is fab just to explore (we like the adventure play trail but there is also a "go ape" and segways etc).

Brownsea Island from Poole Harbour is NT and home to red squirrels. Its a scout/guide camp place as well. If you go the visitors centre there are lots of different trails/activities you could easily spend a full day there.

You will also be on the doorstep of the new forest. There is a visitors centre and you could easily spend time just walking and exploring in the new forest.

KneeDeepInDaisies Fri 17-May-13 21:37:50

And Corfe Castle.

Moors Valley

KneeDeepInDaisies Fri 17-May-13 21:37:25

Brownsea Island, Paultons Park, Swanage Railway, Beaulieu Motor Museum and Bucklers Hard.

PaperLantern Fri 17-May-13 21:35:27

and castles and anything really grin

PaperLantern Fri 17-May-13 21:34:24

Staying near Ringwood in Dorset in the summer holidays and would like some recommendations on good days out. Just me DD7 and DS5, we like trains (DS) animals, National trust and theme parks!!
thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now