Cheap place to go in Hertfordshire with kids 10 & under on bank holiday monday

(17 Posts)
mirry2 Sat 04-May-13 12:59:07

Trent Park?

MrsJohnDeere Sat 04-May-13 12:54:27

If they're coming by car it is just off jn 10 of the M1

bunjies Sat 04-May-13 12:23:58

Thanks for all the suggestions. Knebworth sounds great but as advised will leave for another time.

I will ask friends if Luton is doable for them as the park does look promising.

MrsJohnDeere Sat 04-May-13 10:35:40

Knebworth has the gardening show this weekend so you might want to save that for another day (£32 entry per family iirc)

idonthaveone Sat 04-May-13 10:00:14

Hendon Raf museum great you can take a picnic
ST Albans good park splas park opens today!!
Dunstable downs for kite flying
Stockwood park is great in Luton
Willows farm isnt free but once you are in there is nothing else to pay for depends how old your kids are check primary times for a voucher
Stanborough lakes welwyn??

mediawhore Sat 04-May-13 09:59:32

Just realised most mine are in the opposite direction. But shepreth right next door to the train station which is in the hitchin to Cambridge line.

mediawhore Sat 04-May-13 09:58:29

Shepreth wildlife park in meldreth near Royston? Love it there!

Wimpole and do some geocaching around the grounds a take picnic, only pay for parking.

Stanborough park I used to love in Welwyn.

Big park in Stevenage (want to say fair lands, but may be wrong) has a water play Area too and big play park. Great for kids and also free.

What about knebworth park near Stevenage? I don't think the entry for just the grounds was too expensive and the play area is huge and very good.

MrsJohnDeere Sat 04-May-13 09:53:14

'at ahead on' should read Hendon!

MrsJohnDeere Sat 04-May-13 09:52:42

Totally different, and may not interest you or your Dcs, but what about the RAF museum at ahead on. Free entry, lots to see, and very interesting.

MrsJohnDeere Sat 04-May-13 09:50:36

Sorry, just spotted that was too far.

What about Verulamium Park, St Albans

MrsJohnDeere Sat 04-May-13 09:49:09

Another vote for Stockwood Park. Free entry, lots to see and do, lovely grounds for a picnic, good cafe if you want coffee and ice creams

dinnerbeginner Sat 04-May-13 09:30:51

Oh sorry, I don't know Hertfordshire very well, I was taken there when visting DH's family and thought it was very good considering it was free.

bunjies Sat 04-May-13 09:20:02

Thanks dinnerbeginner, I'll check it out although Luton might be a bit far for our friends to travel.

devonsmummy Sat 04-May-13 09:19:19

Church Farm, Arlesey
Free entry
Organic cafe
Farm shop
Pub opposite run by the farm

dinnerbeginner Sat 04-May-13 09:15:33

Stockwell Park Luton. Free entrance.

bunjies Sat 04-May-13 09:14:26

London friends of ours want to meet up somewhere with the kids for a picnic on Monday. We don't have much spare cash but would like to go. Are there any places we could go that don't cost a fortune to get into? We're in Hitchin but somewhere between here & north east London would be better. Looked at paradise wildlife park but can't afford the entrance fee for all of us sad.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now