Memorable day out with 12 yr old dd in London?

(5 Posts)
xyx Fri 24-May-13 21:15:40

My dd likes m&m world (Leics Sq) as well (not cheap...), Covent Garden shops and theatre (also not cheap...!)

xyx Thu 23-May-13 20:38:41

Madame Tussaud's, Eye, aquarium, Westfield shops, Hard Rock Cafe, bus tour, Greenwich via boat from Westminster...

WishIdbeenatigermum Sat 04-May-13 08:04:40

Gilly Hicks have a lovely syst where you try on a selection of bras. They're expensive though, and its a Hollister like grotto experience. Wear comfy shoes. It's a glorious day and you'll
Want to be out as much as possible. Carnaby street/ liberty is a lovely enclave. National History/ Science and V&A are close to each other- British Museum is a bit out of the way from other activities and a bit 'big'.
Where are you coming in to?

ChewingOnLifesGristle Sat 04-May-13 07:59:19

That sounds greatsmile I have no specific advice (other than to suggest a river trip maybe) but was going to say keeping it general and flitting from one thing to another is good.

I love the museums and galleries and was keen for dc to go but if you only have a day, we've made the mistake before of building up the exciting trip to London then spending the whole day in one museum. Dc didn't get much of a feeling that they'd 'gone to London' iyswim.

(Btw M&S Angel bras are perfect first bras for girlswink)

OneLieIn Sat 04-May-13 07:52:13

Have a day with my amazing 12yr old dd today. Any great ideas?

Was thinking theatre, shopping (for bras eeeeek) and sushi?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now