Free or cheap things to do in London for a girls day out?

(12 Posts)
serin Thu 02-May-13 22:34:26

Workmates, range in age from 23 to 60!

We thought maybe wander around camden market for a bit? but beyond that we are stuck.

Bowlersarm Thu 02-May-13 22:36:49

Tate Modern? Any museums/art galleries. They ask for contribution but it's not compulsory.

serin Thu 02-May-13 22:54:40

That was quick, Thankyou.

I went to Tate Modern last year but couldn't find any exhibitions blush it just seemed to be a big empty space. The toilets were very nice though (and the peregrines on the roof!)

I thought about the Globe but am going there later in the year to see Colin Morgan wink

Theironfistofarkus Thu 02-May-13 22:57:29

Borough market is good for lo

idonthaveone Thu 02-May-13 22:58:09

Boat trip embankment to Greenwich not too expensive loads to do in Greenwich grin

Trill Thu 02-May-13 22:59:15

If you are my workmate asking this but changing the ages to make it harder for a potential co-worker to spot you I hope you are not calling me 60!

Theironfistofarkus Thu 02-May-13 22:59:39

Oops

Looking for gourmet food. A boat trip on Thames? Westminster Abbey or St Paul's?

Spitalfields market is surprisingly nice too

invicta Thu 02-May-13 23:04:36

Buckingham palace,
Picnic in one of the parks
Harrods / Liberty / Selfridges
National portrait galley
Science museum / natural history museum
Covent garden

K8Middleton Thu 02-May-13 23:13:51

Don't go to Camden market. It's beyond grim if you're not 15.

How long do you have there and when are you going? Also which bit of London are you based/coming into?

If you're in the West maybe window shopping on Westborne Grove or Marylebone High Street?

Take a river boat

Talk a walk from Tate Modern to St Paul's across the wobbly millennium bridge.

Ooh if you're in the East have a go on the new cable car. It's only £4 or so.

Take a bus ride on a scenic route like 22 or 11.

Agree about Spitalfields and Borough Market.

Coming in to Kings X or St P's have a glass of champagne in the bar if you can afford it

Go for afternoon tea - usually cheaper than lunch or dinner and you can go to somewhere amazing like Fortnam's or The Wolseley or somewhere with a fab view like The National Portrait Gallery.

Loads of great parks that you can take a picnic to or just have an ice cream or a coffee.

i have great ideas for not only girls but all ages generation for free things to do in London.. hope you like it.. Best things to do in London as well as free www.londonthisweekend.co.uk/19/post/2013/03/best-things-to-do-in-london.html

serin Fri 03-May-13 12:48:11

Oh Fabulous, Thanks a lot for the ideas and No Trills I wouldn't ever mistake you for the 60 yr old. grin What with you being 75 and all!

We are a right motley crew, but we work together every day and get on famously.

Travelling from Liverpool to Euston.

Trill Fri 03-May-13 13:04:17

grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now