Silverstone- ideas to keep little ones entertained

(5 Posts)
gerbilsarefun Sat 04-May-13 17:47:11

Gullivers isn't too far away in Milton Keynes.

zipzap Wed 01-May-13 23:07:07

If you can be bothered to drive away you're mot too far from Milton Keynes which has all sorts of things.

Closer but with fewer things to do are brackley, towcester, Buckingham and Northampton.

Bear in mind that I think to speed traffic up they effectively turn the area around it into a huge one way system so they can get maximum numbers in at the beginning and out at the end... Not sure that they are bothered about making life simple for those wanting to go against the flow iyswim! Also - you might decide to go to gully era world at Mk for example but discover the traffic system has thrown you out in the wrong direction making the journey there much longer and battling against traffic so maybe have flexible plans - if the send us out this way we'll go to Mk but if the send us out that way we'll go to billing aquadrome for example. Sorry to be vague but it's been a few years since I went up on grand prix weekend and these days tend to avoid it at those times!

Sweetiepie100 Wed 01-May-13 22:56:48

Thanks for your reply. Did they go into silver stone? My husband only has tickets for himself and my son. I am thinking of going with my daughter, but am worried there will be nothing for us to do in and around the campsite.

ChippyMinton Tue 30-Apr-13 18:33:12

Bear in mind that traffic can be horrendous in the local area, so driving away from the circuit might be a hassle.
The campsites lay on various activities. DH took DS last year and they came back with armfuls of sponsor freebies, and did stuff like painting plaster models of cars etc.

Sweetiepie100 Mon 29-Apr-13 20:52:08

Hi,
My husband has got tickets to take himself and my son to silver stone to watch the British Grand Prix. My daughter and I will not be going to watch the racing- but we were thinking of going along with them as we have just bought a new tent and thought we would try it out (perhaps I need my head read!!). Anyhow I will need to entertain my daughter (who is 4) in and around the silver stone area. Does anyone have any ideas??!!! Please!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now