Like the Science Museum but not?

(8 Posts)
20wkbaby Sat 04-May-13 08:57:51

Thanks. I had heard the National Army Museum was good. Will look into the others.

noblegiraffe Fri 03-May-13 22:11:50

In the basement of the Natural History Museum is Investigate, the poorly advertised hands-on bit. It has microscopes and computer stuff, homonid skulls and loads of bugs in perspex. It's mainly aimed at older kids but my 3 year old loved it too.

unebagpipe Fri 03-May-13 22:02:16

We liked the London transport museum!

savoirfaire Fri 03-May-13 21:47:49

National Army Museum - has a fab themed soft play (best to book a time slot ahead online in advance) and much of the rest of the museum is very child friendly. I've been a lot with my two and the War Horse exhibit in particular is great, plus the dress up stuff in the Boer War bit. Museum is free. Small charge (£2.50 I think) for the soft play. Natural History is awesome. Tate Modern has a very very small kids play area.National Gallery does a kids activity thing on a Sunday morning.

Of all these the army museum gets my vote though (after the science museum!).

Not sure where you are but the lookout discovery centre in Bracknell is brilliant.

20wkbaby Wed 01-May-13 12:39:48

Thanks, we have been to Museum of London (and will probably go again as she loved it) but wouldn't have thought of the Museum of Docklands.

noramum Mon 29-Apr-13 16:47:32

Museum of London and Museum of Docklands. Lots of things to see and they also do activities at the weekends and holidays.

Both are free.

20wkbaby Mon 29-Apr-13 12:33:54

My DD loves the Science Museum - mainly because of all the interactives and things to play with rather than the subject matter.

Any recommendations for other museums with screens/ play areas/ interactive stuff a 5 year old and possibly younger would love in London - preferably free.

Thank you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now