things to do with toddler in the Bath area

(11 Posts)
chestnut100 Sun 28-Apr-13 21:40:45

Any advice/recommendations appreicated:

We are visiting an elderly relative in central Bath for a couple of days next month. She will only cope with relatively short visits from us and our one and three year olds. So, any suggestions as to anything appropriate in the area that we can do with them to fill our time? We are hoping for nice weather so we can just enjoy parks etc, but if not, I guess things such as pools, sot play centres, libraries etc would work.

We are staying in the Corsham area, so equally open to suggestions around there too.

Many thanks

MmeLindor Sun 28-Apr-13 21:42:13

Have you had a look at Mumsnet Local? Tons of ideas here

Chubfuddler Sun 28-Apr-13 21:42:54

There's a swimming pool in Chippenham
Soft play in melksham
Bowood house and gardens are lovely
In bath itself royal Victoria park is great - crazy golf etc

shivs1974 Sun 28-Apr-13 21:44:10

My sister always takes my girls to Alice Park. The canal is nearby too - always good for a walk.

chestnut100 Sun 28-Apr-13 21:45:22

wow, lots of quick replies. Many thanks, i shall check them all out

scratchandsniff Sun 28-Apr-13 21:51:18

If It's nice weather a walk along the canal at Bradford on Avon is nice, there's a ngood children's play area near the Tithe Barn which is a good starting point for the walk.

XBenedict Sun 28-Apr-13 21:51:46

I would go towards Chippenham from Corsham rather than Bath with a toddler. As someone else has said there is a swimming pool in Chippenham at the Olympiad, they also do some toddler classes, tumble tots kind of thing but you can just drop in.

Bowood is great if the weather is nice but pricey, great outdoor play area, small farm animals, there is also v small indoor play area there.

The libraries do some toddler sessions as does Waterstones on a Weds morning in Chippenham.

Just outside Chippenham theres a place called Lacock (very pretty) that has a scrapstore, junk modelling it's brilliant!

XBenedict Sun 28-Apr-13 21:52:46

It would also be worth checking out The Egg theatre in Bath, very small and has some great productions for small children.

Chubfuddler Sun 28-Apr-13 21:53:00

Also Whitehall garden centre in lacock has an adventure playground and great cake in the cafe.

XBenedict Sun 28-Apr-13 22:02:03

I spend a lot of time and money at Whitehall smile

if you go up the M4 to Swindon just off junction 16 theres a garden centre with a craft village and a soft play area.

BrienneOfTarth Sun 28-Apr-13 22:58:56

The south side of Victoria Park, just along the A4 Bristol Road, is the best playpark in the world for the under-5s. If it is sunny, go there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now