Things to do in and around Shepton Mallet

(6 Posts)
PeasandCucumbers Fri 26-Apr-13 07:42:28

We are going camping at the beginning of half term with a couple of other families and are staying in / near to Shepton Mallet (I didn't book it so not exactly certain where it is)

I am a bit concerned that there won't me much for us to do so am really looking for suggestions and recommendations, anything greatly received, they don't have to be full days out, a nice walk with a playground, farm shop with some childeen's activities, anything really.

TIA

Wookey hole
Cheddar Gorge
Wells Leisure centre has a nice swimming pool - big toddler pool with bubbles, jacuzzi, whirly round bit, and a proper pool
Stonehenge
Longleat
There's a steam railway in Shepton Mallet too

TheRealFellatio Fri 26-Apr-13 21:06:02

Go the Mulberry outlet shop. grin

I don't know when your half term is, but does it coincide with anything good at the Bath and West showground? The agricultural show there is end of May/first few days of June and a really good day out.

PeasandCucumbers Fri 26-Apr-13 21:53:29

Wow, I wasn't expecting this many replies this quickly - thank you!! grin

We are going at the beginning of half term for 3 nights over the bank holiday weekend at the end if May.

This is why I love mumsnet grin

Ohhelpohnoitsa Fri 26-Apr-13 22:21:13

longleat, mulberry shop, little farm shop just down from mulberry is really nice too. (dreaming of mulberry........ used to buy it.... now i am on the austere april thread instead)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now