Good art gallery for 6 year old

(4 Posts)
janpa Thu 25-Apr-13 22:03:50

I would like to take my 6 year old DD to an art gallery but would like advice on which one would be a good first one to take her to. We can get into London quite easily and I know we are spoilt for choice really, but I know little about art and so need one which is accessible for both of us, or which even does events for children. Thank you.

pollywollydoodle Thu 25-Apr-13 22:17:31

don't know about london but the lowry exhibition in manchester is great...the kids get given a list of things to look for in the paintings then they get to draw their own lowry and put it up in the gallery

givemeaclue Fri 26-Apr-13 07:31:10

Haven't taken mine to the London galleries except Tate modern, so no tips for that, but general tip, go to the gallery shop first and let them buy a efew postcards, then look for those paintings around the gallery, it adds a bit of interest like a trail.

Also plan for 1-2 Hours max before interest wanes

DumSpiroSpero Sat 04-May-13 14:33:03

Tate Modern is good - there are hands on things, activity books etc available. Have just taken my 8yo to the Lichtenstein exhibition which she loved - it's on until the end of May.

Or you could grab a copy of the The National Gallery Sticker Book and head there.

St Martin in the Field's is in Trafalgar Square and you can take DC there to do brass rubbings too if they want to do something 'hands on'.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now