Cardiff park and ride east to Cardiff Castle

(20 Posts)
Mynewmoniker Sun 21-Apr-13 10:01:47

Had a giggle at your reply Startail. How much to park at your house next time wink grin

Startail Sat 20-Apr-13 22:01:36

Read the whole thread blush

Anyway glad it worked. I will use it one day, £3 is a lot less than the car park I can find. It's just I live in a totally public transport free area, I just automatically drive everywhere.

Startail Sat 20-Apr-13 21:57:45

I've never used the park and ride, but my DSIS does a lot and says it's very easy.

Don't be tempted to park in Dumfries place car park. I've only ever found the entrance on foot, drove past and parked somewhere else and it's££££

BestIsWest Sat 20-Apr-13 21:46:30

Glad you had a good time MNM

Mynewmoniker Sat 20-Apr-13 20:16:43

Just thought I'd update you and tell you what a lovely, relaxing day I've had. I found it quite easily as it was well signposted and the attendant at the gate gave me a really warm greeting when I told him it was my first time and was extreemly helpful in telling me the routine and where to pay for my exit ticket. (In Bath and Cambridge you pay a return fair on the bus.)

I had a lovely chat with some locals on the way to Dumfries Place.

For fear of sounding like some-one on Trip Advisor I couldn't recommend the Cardiff park and ride east experience enough! grin

Thanks again to all who helped X

Mynewmoniker Fri 19-Apr-13 22:16:08

Thanks to all. You are a great bunch.

I shall now feel more relaxed before my big drive! I'm off to bed now so that I can concentrate on my driving tomorrow.

IwishIwasmoreorganised Fri 19-Apr-13 21:50:35

It's just off the A48 which leaves the M4 as the A48(M) at junction 29. If you miss that one (it's well signed so you shouldn't!) just take the next exit and it'll take you down to the A48

IwishIwasmoreorganised Fri 19-Apr-13 21:47:16

No idea sorry. If I were you I'd ask the driver on your way into town. There'll probably be signs up at the car park too.

Mynewmoniker Fri 19-Apr-13 21:46:35

The Park and Ride info site has conflicting info about what junction I leave the M4 but I reckon it'll be sign posted.

MikeLitoris Fri 19-Apr-13 21:44:47

here is the only info I can find. Doesnt say the bus number.

Mynewmoniker Fri 19-Apr-13 21:39:55

Do I catch it back at Dumfries Place? I bet I do. And what number is it?

Mynewmoniker Fri 19-Apr-13 21:37:50

and thanks "west*...Yours came up after I posted. smile

MikeLitoris Fri 19-Apr-13 21:37:28

Use the park and ride at cardiff gate.

No idea where to get off as I dont get the bus into town sorry.

Mynewmoniker Fri 19-Apr-13 21:36:28

Thank you the two Wishes grin

I was beginning to panic there thinking I was on my own.

I will write the info down to help me.

I'll be sooooo pleased with myself when I've achieved this!

BestIsWest Fri 19-Apr-13 21:35:34

Dumfries Place is the only stop on a Saturday I think but is only 5-10 minutes walk up Queen Street(Main shopping street).

There's no parking as such at the Castle that I can think of although you can park around the Museum. I would use the Park and ride though

IwishIwasmoreorganised Fri 19-Apr-13 21:32:31

I know Cardiff, don't live there though and have never used the park and ride.

Wish's plan sounds good though. A short walk down Queen St which is the main pedestrianised shopping street and then you'll be at the Castle.

Have a good day!

WishYouWereMine Fri 19-Apr-13 21:30:08

Hi there! Not from Cardiff but use P&R East quite regularly.
I would definitely recommend the P&R. It's only £3 and you can stay most of the day and not worry about finding parking in Cardiff City Centre.
If you get off at Dumfries Place, which is the first stop (outside Sainsburys), then walk up the main high street (prob 5 minute walk?), you should see the castle at the end.

There might be another stop which is closer but I'm not familiar with that end of Cardiff. I know this way and it is simple and not too far!

If you need any more help, I will try!

Mynewmoniker Fri 19-Apr-13 21:20:14

Any Cardiffers????? please?

Mynewmoniker Fri 19-Apr-13 21:03:29

Anyone? hmm

Mynewmoniker Fri 19-Apr-13 20:35:33

Can anyone help me, please? I have to meet someone at Cardiff castle tomorrow and travelling from the east I would like to use the park and ride.
a) Would you recommend the park and ride rather than parking at the castle?
and
b) Where would I get off for the shortest walk to the castle?

Waiting nervously...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now