High Tea in London any recommendations?

(9 Posts)
bluesky Fri 19-Apr-13 18:56:29

Fortnums and Top Hat would be perfect!

Sandgroper Fri 19-Apr-13 14:36:29

Thanks for all your great responses.

I tried booking at Clarridges and they are booked out on the weekends until Christmas - should be shocked but am not. Perhaps the tv programme boosted their bookings (it was good fun to watch) or they are just really popular. I suspect the latter.

Mum has decided she wants to go to Fortnum and Mason, since it was refurbished for the Queen's Jubilee etc. So long as she is happy that's all that matters.

I shall however try out the other suggestions, perhaps I could make it my aim to try each before the end of the year! grin

PoppyWearer Wed 17-Apr-13 21:12:59

Savoy, Claridges, Browns tea all amazing.

Taranta Wed 17-Apr-13 21:12:11

Oh, and Brummus at the Haymarket Hotel was good when I went but that was a couple of years ago.

Taranta Wed 17-Apr-13 21:06:58

St Ermin's Hotel in St James, quite unknown but opulent and fabulous, and staff lovely - that would get my vote. Claridges is a good, but feels quite busy, Goring Hotel v touristy these days since Royal wedding fame.

geologygirl Wed 17-Apr-13 21:01:46

Fortnum's is absolutely fantastic! They definitely get my vote

StrangerintheNight Wed 17-Apr-13 20:56:35

The Lanesborough afternoon tea comes highly recommended. Better than the Dorchester, which was DH's previous favourite.

Haven't been to any musicals recently, but just for starters, a couple I'd like to see and that have been well reviewed - Matilda and Top Hat.

HTH

JaquelineHyde Tue 16-Apr-13 17:22:33

The Savoy or The Ritz would be my first port of call.

I didn't realise F&M did them, I shall have to investigate.

Sandgroper Tue 16-Apr-13 17:20:27

Hi

My Mum is visiting in late May/June and wants to go for "High Tea" in London somewhere (expects me to sort out). Not really sure where to start as there are so many "posh hotels" that do them. She was asking about Fortnum and Mason. Any good/anyone been? Or can you recommend somewhere to go?

I did start to look on Trip Advisor but there were soo many.

Also she wants to go and see a show, but can't be specific about which one and has seen Le Mis, Phantom, Mama Mia. Has to be a musical as she is visually impared (only 10 percent vision) and I am not feeling very inspired so any help with this would be good.

Thanks in advance.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now