Brunch or lunch central ish London with somewhere a toddler can play

(9 Posts)
TiredFeet Wed 24-Apr-13 22:27:54

Bit pricey maybe but we took Ds (then 2) to the rainforest cafe (near Hamleys) and he was transfixed, it took him almost 3 hours to eat his lunch, so we had ages to sit and chat!

fertilityagogo Thu 18-Apr-13 21:53:30

The big mamas and papas on regent st has a child friendly cafe. Not a lot of toys per se but kids def. welcome.

ArabellaBeaumaris Thu 18-Apr-13 21:45:41

there's a great pub in Herne Hill (probably not central enough though) called the Florence - has a whole playroom in the garden, with a glass wall so if your kids are old enough you can abandon them in there & sit outside with a drink.

PoppyWearer Thu 18-Apr-13 21:42:50

Definitely South Bank. Playground, space to run. Giraffe restaurant. London Aquarium nearby.

RMSeries2 Thu 18-Apr-13 21:38:35

If you don't want a 'posh' lunch I would recommend going to the South Bank Centre - specifically the Royal Festival Hall. Get sandwiches from one of the lovely places nearby, e.g. Pain Quotidien (or the RFH's cafe) and go and eat them inside the Clore Ballroom part of the RFH or around the edges of it. There's loads of spaces for the kids to play and IIRC they sometimes put toys out on the floor of the Ballroom on a weekend. On Fridays there is live music at 1pm. And there are sometimes other activities going on. We have done this LOADS and there are always other families doing the same thing and really no one minds (or seems to) the crazy toddler running around thing at all. It's ace.

leannac Tue 16-Apr-13 14:45:41

Run first in Hyde park is maybe a good plan. It would just be really nice to catch up properly with friends rather than wolfing food down to ensure I am ready to leave before toddler starts going crazy from being confined too long!

forevergreek Tue 16-Apr-13 13:57:25

Not to play, but giraffe is a very child friendly restaurant chain ( crayons/ pictures/ little toy giraffe, balloon etc, and nice menu for brunch both adult and child friendly). The one by high st ken is good if you want to let toddler run first as next to Hyde park.

SmileItsSunny Tue 16-Apr-13 13:50:43

No idea I'm afraid (except maybe a picnic, in a park). I'm interested to find out.

leannac Tue 16-Apr-13 13:40:34

Does such a place exist!?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now