Stupid idea for a day out?

(2 Posts)
Gales Fri 12-Apr-13 17:27:20

We live commuting distance from London and often have a day out there with the family. The best ones have been when we've just "gone to London" rather than when we've visited a particular attraction iyswim. A trip on the tube, walk by the river and lunch, see some sights.

I was playing Monopoly this afternoon and I remembered the Monopoly board pub crawls I went on (for Charity grin ) in my youth.

I'm not suggesting a pub crawl with DC in tow, but thought it might be fun to visit all the places on the board. Or do you think the "fun" would wear off after about 3 stops?

yearof2013 Sat 13-Apr-13 10:00:39

I think if you made visiting a pace or two part of another trip to london, rather than the purpose of the trip itself, it could be fun. You could challenge yourselves to visit all the places within a year. Each time you went you could put a gold star on the place name on the monopoly board and if someone landed on it you charge them double rent.
Have I just invented a new monopoly twist? Think I might try it myself - shouldn't be too hard as we live in central london smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now