Can anyone recommend great days out in the North West of England?

(12 Posts)
suebfg Thu 04-Apr-13 19:38:20

Suitable for a 6 year old boy and to go to tomorrow. I'm running out of ideas of how to entertain him.

Thanks

rockinhippy Thu 04-Apr-13 19:51:55

Can up you get to Southport?? If so that could be a good day out, lots to do & not all expensive -

they have Splash World, a big indoor swimming & splash pool complex with slides & lots more

The Pier has an old fashioned amusement arcade museum on the end of it, laughing Policemen etc etc, you can take a tram down the length of the pier

If its warm enough, picking razor shells & bird watching on the beach, followed by a donkey ride

They also have another big fairground that I forget the name of, but lots of suitable rides for a 6 yr old & you can pay a flat price for a book of tickets & worth looking out for vouchers in the local news.

Lots of good reasonably priced restaurants, old fashion sweet shops & shone great fish & chips & some excellent ice cream too

My DPs live there & I've had many a good day out with DD, especially when she was younger, Splash World is still her favourite swimming complex & she's been to a lot over the years

HTH

TheLightPassenger Thu 04-Apr-13 20:57:42

Gullivers world theme park, MOSI in Manchester, Chester Zoo, Martin Mere, Liverpool has mersey ferry and lots of free museums, blackpool

Bowland wild boar park inlancashire is fab but cafe sooooo slow, bring packed lunch and you will have a fab day smile

ceebeegeebies Thu 04-Apr-13 21:02:19

Depends on how far you want to travel?

Brockholes (just off M6 near Preston) - it is a nature reserve so loads of walks, they have a visitors centre which usually has activities for children, a cafe with amazing cakes, a couple of playgrounds. It is free - you just need to pay for parking.

mercibucket Thu 04-Apr-13 21:05:16

imperial war museum , lowry and salford quays, plus cbbc tour if you can book places

ceebeegeebies Thu 04-Apr-13 21:07:47

Blackpool is always good for time-killing smile If you have got loads of 2ps and 5ps hanging around, the arcades are great for entertainment.

Lytham has a really good park with a lovely cafe.

Sailormercury Thu 04-Apr-13 21:08:14

The steam trains in Bury.

Oodsigma Thu 04-Apr-13 21:23:28

Cbbc tour is great, I did it with dd2 last year!

Where abouts are you?

serin Thu 04-Apr-13 22:22:04

Knowsley safari park.

Tree climbing (Go Ape) at Delamere forest.

Riding lesson?

sunnyday123 Fri 05-Apr-13 09:03:37

Farmer teds?

Dunham Massey, Tatton Park, Sale Water Park, Trans Pennine Trail, Martin Mere (rspb), MOSI, East Lancs Railway.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now